Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Andy_Ksiezop
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Help: Blackberry ID has locked me out of BBM

My wifes phone (Curve 9360 OS 7.0) was working fine up until a little while ago when her App World stopped letting her download anything. After a google search of the error code I discovered the solution was to load up App World and go into the Purchasing Options which immediatly promps you for your Blackberry ID. Enter your ID and then back out of that options menu and everything will work again.

I tried this and it fixed the issue (please note that Blackberry ID ACCEPTED her current username and password).

Anyways, an hour or so later my wife tried to access BBM but a Blackberry ID Verification pops up asking her to re-enter her Username and Password. When she entered her info, the same info that was accepted a few hours earlier, BBID rejects it with the error "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account". I tried countless times ensuring that spelling and case sensitivity was correct and it just doesn't work.

So she's locked out of BBM now.

I went to the BBID website and went over the FAQ, and nothing there was of use for this particular problem. I then tried to log into her BBID account through the website and it worked with the exact same info that her phone was rejecting.  So I then successfuly changed her password and even relogged into the website to test to see if it works, and it did.

Trying the new password on her phone yeilds the same error message.

Has anyone heard of this issue before, or have a solution? The only logical explanation I can think of is that the phone was registered with a different Blackberry ID, and so the ID linked to BBM and to App World are different, hence why the same login only works for App World.

Before submitting this post I explored this possibility, and yes there was a secondary Blackberry ID, but upon using it I get the error "Please use the Blackberry ID used to register this phone". So the initial Blackberry ID email that I have been using IS the correct one.

Also, before anyone asks, I've tried multiple troubleshoots. I've tried to log in through Wifi, I've also read the related sticky and tried the two of the three troubleshoot solutions found at KB28212 that didn't involve a factory reset.

Everything results in the same "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" error.

What can I do?

Please use plain text.