Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
TAdvisorKing
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I rate or review an app?

Yes, that is the one!  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have now re-submitted my review, although we'll see whether it shows up.

It never showed up the first time and for weeks afterward, I couldn't submit a review.  I take it the system prevents anyone from submitting more than one review at a time, but maybe if you wait 2-3 months it gives you another chance.  The last time (before today) I go to this app page on my BB, there was no option to submit a review (presumably because I already submitted one).

My original review may have been "strong", but it did not use any inappropriate (abusive/offensive) language.  I've copied and pasted it from my original source, below.  I've revised the one I just posted slightly to reflect the passage of more time.

I contacted the developer and advised of the problem.  He suggested I check one setting, then gave up and told me to try to get my money back.  He didn't tell me how, just referred me to the general website of the payment processor.  I filled out the payment processor's web inquiry form and made one follow-up attempt, but they never contacted me.

I mentioned this to the developer, who did not respond to my inquiry for weeks.  He then sent me another vague instruction, which I thought was not worth pursuing, since it seemed to be designed to send me running around.  I had probably already spent well over an hour trying to get a refund of my $2 and probably spent 2-3 hours trying to get the app to work.

----------------------------------

Do not waste your money or time on this app. It does not work. I installed it 2 weeks ago and it has never worked on my BB Torch. Each time I tried to use it, it froze my phone, requiring a battery pull each time (even when I left it for 15 minutes, it never unfroze). Worse, the app vendor made no real attempt to solve the problem (he suggested changing one BB default setting, then gave up). Even worse than that, they have not refunded the $2 fee. Instead, they referred me to their payment processor to request a refund. The processor has ignored my requests and now the app vendor is ignoring my follow-up emails. They got my $2; don't let them take yours!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
NdotIndia
My Device: blackberry bold 9900 ( I am a blackberry application developer)
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Really useful information. I too thought of rating an application but didn't find the navigation path.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TAdvisorKing

On my Torch, the path is:

- select the App World icon

- select My World

- select the app you want to rate

Directly under the top bar (which indicates the name of the app, indicates "installed" and contains a "Delete" button) is a thin scrollable (left to right) bar that says "Summary".  If you scroll that bar left or right, the heading will change from "Summary" to "Reviews".  If you have submitted a review for the app, it will say, "Your review", along with your rating, just below the "Reviews" header.  If you haven't submitted a review, it will say "Add a review" just below the header.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TAdvisorKing

I see that despite submitting another review, it does not appear on the website at:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26018/?lang=en

I guess I can play the game of re-submitting and forcing the developer to delete / suppress my review every two months (or whatever the limit is).  I'm not sure I'm up for that.  But at least if anyone searches this board for info on the Counter Ultimate, they'll get the real goods.

Please use plain text.