Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

MariscaK
My Device: none

How do I stop someone from creating Blackberry IDs on my email address?

Hi there,

Could you please advise me how to stop a certain person from repeatedly creating a Blackberry ID on my email address?

My email account is not compromised and this person does not have access to my email. However, she keeps entering my email left and right (not just at blackberry). I keep deleting the IDs as I see emails about them, but sometimes I miss one.

I assume the IDs I miss stay unconfirmed, but it resulted in me getting a Blackberry World purchase receipt today. Anything I can do about this, besides deleting once again? I do not own a private berry (just an enterprise one through work) and therefore do not have my own ID registered.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Marisca

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How do I stop someone from creating Blackberry IDs on my email address?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Nope...there is nothing you can really do. Anyone can create a BB ID using any email address that is not already in use within the BBID system, but if it's never validated (which requires receipt of the email), then it cannot be used. I'm surprised by the purchase receipt you say you got, though...that's a bit odd (are you sure it wasn't a "pre-authorization" from PayPal rather than an actual purchase receipt?)...they should not have been able to make any purchases without having confirmed the original creation of the BBID account, which would require that email.

In any event, I recommend you keep cancelling them. Actually, in between times (e.g., when you've cancelled it but the person has not yet re-created it), you can create the BB ID yourself using your credentials...then the person will never again be able to use that email address for a BBID.

Just to be sure, I'd also recommend that you change your email account password...just in case...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I stop someone from creating Blackberry IDs on my email address?

I guess someone doesn't know their email address.

I don't know how you can keep someone's fingers from mistyping. It's gonna happen.

You can keep deleting and denying it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code