Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
cyclingg
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

How do you get a refund for an app?

I downloaded Slider Lock for the blackberry from Blackberry App World.  The payment went through.  When I installed it, I got a message stating that a key could not be downloaded.  I contacted the vendor and made 2 or 3 tickets requesting a key for the app that I paid for.  I have not got any replies from them.  So, I want a refund.  It is pathetic that Blackberry App World is selling a product and then does not supply the key to run it.

I want my money back!!!!  How do I request a refund.  There is no clear location for info on this matter.  No wonder Blackberry is tanking!!  I will not get another Blackberry again.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do you get a refund for an app?

[ Edited ]

cyclingg wrote:

I downloaded Slider Lock for the blackberry from Blackberry App World.  The payment went through.  When I installed it, I got a message stating that a key could not be downloaded.  I contacted the vendor and made 2 or 3 tickets requesting a key for the app that I paid for.  I have not got any replies from them.  So, I want a refund.  It is pathetic that Blackberry App World is selling a product and then does not supply the key to run it.

I want my money back!!!!  How do I request a refund.  There is no clear location for info on this matter.  No wonder Blackberry is tanking!!  I will not get another Blackberry again.

Do you really think that coming into this user to user community support forum which is obviously full of BlackBerry fans and denigrating the brand itself is the way to get help on your issue? We are not RIM/BlackBerry employees, but simple users who enjoy assisting others.

What if I walked into your home as a guest and first off the bat, told you how horrible the food was and that your spouse is ugly? What would happen?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cyclingg

[ Edited ]

Well, this is supposedly the only way to get some help.  But, obviously, it is not a good support service.  Hence, Blackberry sucks.

You should stay out of my post if you don't like it.  Supposedly Blackberry employees troll the site.  This is meant for them not you.  I know the public has no solution because you are not going to refund me! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You also should be aware that, while RIM employees may review the site, they will never respond to you formally here...such is contradictory to the purpose of this site, as documented in the site Ts and Cs.

Further, the help available here on this site is 100% user-to-user, it is not a channel for any formal support from, communication with, nor escalation to RIM. Again, the Ts and Cs are clear on that point. Hence, the help you can receive here is advice as to how other users may have handled the issue you post about. But, as we are just volunteers here, we naturally are "pro BB" and sometimes tend to choose to avoid conversations that begin in such a contentious nature.

Nevertheless, if you truly desire refund, then you must follow your contractually-required formal support channel...which starts with your mobile service provider (Telus, according to your profile).

Good luck.

PS -- it may yet be possible to actually recover the key you require, but since you've set your mind to only one solution path, providing that would be pointless.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cyclingg

PS -- it may yet be possible to actually recover the key you require, but since you've set your mind to only one solution path, providing that would be pointless.

I have set my mind on this route because I have tried many times to get the key.  It should not be this hard to get a key; especially one that you paid for.  This is bad practice on Blackberry App Worlds end.  They should not be supporting a vendor who is not giving out license keys to a client who paid for the app. 

As far as getting the refund from telus goes, I am going that route; but, Blackberry App World is where the fault starts.    I never have visited an online store where you could not access help through support for purchases.  If a site did that they would lose business; which App World will be losing business.

For all you app programers, I would start making iPhone, Android or Windows8 Apps.

Post closed.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cyclingg wrote:

Post closed.

lol, not.

You post in a open public forum, and don't expect responses? How silly are you?

You really think we BlackBerry fans sit idly by and let naysayers take this site down to your level. Nope.

You've been given good advice.

Thread still open :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cyclingg wrote:

I have set my mind on this route because I have tried many times to get the key.  It should not be this hard to get a key; especially one that you paid for.  This is bad practice on Blackberry App Worlds end.  They should not be supporting a vendor who is not giving out license keys to a client who paid for the app.  

Not knowing what you actually tried (save for what you said in your first post), it's impossible to comment on that, but to say that there is indeed more that could be tried. I honestly very much agree that bad vendors should be weeded out...but, say for instance that your experience is the first of it's kind with this vendor? Do you really think that the "capital punishment" you suggest is appropriate in that circumstance?

cyclingg wrote:

As far as getting the refund from telus goes, I am going that route; but, Blackberry App World is where the fault starts.    I never have visited an online store where you could not access help through support for purchases.  If a site did that they would lose business; which App World will be losing business.

What you fail to recognize is that the contracts rule everything. You have a contract with Telus, and that binds you and them 100% to all formal first level support. It matters not what other stores do...you are bound to the contract you signed with Telus.

cyclingg wrote:

Post closed.

Fine.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.