Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
drummerman2008
My Device: Storm 9550
Accepted Solution

How many apps

How many apps can a blackberry and the blackberry storm holds? can they hold apps like the apple Iphone or like 4 to 5 apps like a windows mobile smartphone
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: How many apps

The amount of applications you can install depends on the device's Application Memory. If you go into Options | Memory see how much Free Space you have under Application Memory. It's recommended to keep your free memory about 15MB for the best performance.

If you have a media card there is a program called Aerize Card Loader where you can install applications to a media card.Check out the following link to learn more about that program. http://aerize.com/blackberry/software/loader/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
drummerman2008

Well so the blackberry storm can't hold as many apps? does the blackberry storm even have a slot for an memory card
Elite I
jmrmb80

The newer devices can hold a lot of applications, but you have to keep an eye out for the amount of free space that is left over. When a BlackBerry runs out of memory it will delete older emails and calendar appointments to make more room. Check out this link for ways to keep and eye on and maintain a good level of free memory

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

Yes , the storm can use a micro SD as well as a micro SDHC card.The SDHC is the same size but can hold a lot more items. Depending on what OS your BlackBerry is tells you what size microSD card you can buy. You can check under Options | About (will be listed as v4.xx.xxx). Look at the chart at the following link to see what size you can obtain - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

yes it can, up to 16GB, but you cannot store tour applications on the memory card.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
drummerman2008

what are tour applications?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

it's a typo. Please replace "tour" by "your". Sorry for the timeloss trying to understand my message.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
drummerman2008

why can't you store you applications on the memory card.
Elite I
jmrmb80

The BlackBerry isn't designed to store applications on a memory card. If you use the 3rd part app that was recommended in an earlier post then you will be able to.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

There are two types of memory: internal memory and micro-sd card memory.

All BlackBerry applications have to be installed in internal memory.

Micro-sd card is designated to store media files, documents and other files.

The internal memory of modern devices is big enough to store many complex applications.