Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
annie_207
My Device: 9220&curve

Re: How to Reset App World Password

Something important to keep in mind when recovering a BlackBerry ID password is that you will need to use the BlackBerry Browser on your device or a web browser in order to complete the process. This is a result of a security precaution that prevents the password recovery email from being sent to the device. To recover your BlackBerry ID password, use the BlackBerry smartphone browser or a computer to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the BlackBerry ID password recovery page
2. Enter the email address that you used to register your BlackBerry ID and fill out the CAPTCHA characters
3. A confirmation page will appear stating “A request to reset your password has been submitted”
4. Open the mailbox for your email address on the computer or by logging into the mailbox\webmail using the BlackBerry Browser and click on the BlackBerry ID password reset email (it can be identified by the sender: bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com)

• Note: Don’t forget to check your spam/junk folder in the event that you do not see this email in your inbox.

5. In the body of the email, click the link after the heading “To change your BlackBerry ID password, simply visit”
6. The link will open a new page in your web browser, enter your new BlackBerry ID password in both fields and click Submit
7. You have successfully recovered your BlackBerry ID password!

amymc92
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

How can I reset my password if I no longer have access to the email account provided? Thanks
New Contributor
kitso_sb
My Device: 9320 curve

I have a problem two.....how do u delet ur blackberry ID
New Contributor
kitso_sb
My Device: 9320 curve

How do u delet your black berry ID and creat a new one
New Contributor
Randa1977
My Device: BlackBerry 9300 smartphone

[ Edited ]

I have a simmiler problem; I forgot the answer of reteriving password question

any way to change the password or reset the Blackberry id?

I created a new Blackberry id from the site; but my phone didn't accept it; my phone requires the old email and password; when i ener the new blackberry id information ; a message appears "Enter the username associated with this smartphone" ;please help what shall I do??????

New Contributor
Randa1977
My Device: BlackBerry 9300 smartphone

I have the same problem; I forgot the answer of reteriving password question

I created a new Blackberry id from the site; but my phone didn't accept it; my phone requires the old email and password; when i ener the new blackberry id information ; a message appears "Enter the username associated with this smartphone" ;please help what shall I do??????

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Randa1977 wrote:

I have the same problem; I forgot the answer of reteriving password question

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code