Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
fatzDomingo
My Device: Z10

How to identify mis-behaving startup app?

I've probably changed something but for the life of me don't know what. When booting up my Bold 9780 I get an error message informing me that an app "!" is terminating because it has been denied email permissions. The only problem is that I don't know which app is doing this. Is ther any way to catch this? And, shouldn't RIM insist on certain standards when accepting an app for the app store - like it identifying itself in error messages?

Any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: How to identify mis-behaving startup app?

Hi fatzDomingo

It is not easy to guess which application is causing this error , But you can do that , On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > On that screen highlight an application > Press the menu key then Edit Permission >  Beside User Data = make sure it is set to Allow , or press the menu key > Expand > then scroll down to Email and check if it is set to Allow ,

In this way you may have to check each application that you have on your device to know which application is causing this error during startup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.