Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Kerrisha
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

Re: How to regain access to your BBID

So i have to wipe data on my fone and then make a new bbid and restore my data are. You sure the restoring data actually works
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Kerrisha wrote:
So i have to wipe data on my fone and then make a new bbid

If you don't know the credentials to the existing BBID and none of the recovery methods above work for you, then yes. (Please understand that I have to qualify my statements this way since you've confirmed very little about your situation; I can't just say "yes" because I truly do not know your full and complete situation.)

Kerrisha wrote:
restore my data are. You sure the restoring data actually works

As a process (when followed exactly as I lay out in the linked post I earlier directed you to), I know for sure that backup/restore works. But, for your specific situation, I cannot predict the future.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

Hi, I'm hoping posting here you would be able to help. I've got a Z10 and recently my sister got me the wifi version of the PlayBook. When I tried logging in with my BBID details on the PlayBook that I used on my Z10, it didn't recognise my password so I re-set this and this seemed to work. 

Having made various attempts, (every time I try to download a new approach on my Z10 I'm asked for my BBID password) I've now exceeded my number of incorrect attempts and neither my Z10 nor my PlayBook recognise the answer to my recovery question. I've read the first post and deleted the original IDEA and set up a new one using the same credentials, but when I put in the password I set up when creating the new account, both devices tell me I can't use another account on the device and must use the original one.

Now whenever I've entered my password to unlock my Z10, the prompt windows opens asking me to enter my password for BBID.

Any advice is greatly appreciated 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

michi30885 wrote:

Hi, I'm hoping posting here you would be able to help. I've got a Z10 and recently my sister got me the wifi version of the PlayBook. When I tried logging in with my BBID details on the PlayBook that I used on my Z10, it didn't recognise my password so I re-set this and this seemed to work. 

Having made various attempts, (every time I try to download a new approach on my Z10 I'm asked for my BBID password) I've now exceeded my number of incorrect attempts and neither my Z10 nor my PlayBook recognise the answer to my recovery question. I've read the first post and deleted the original IDEA and set up a new one using the same credentials, but when I put in the password I set up when creating the new account, both devices tell me I can't use another account on the device and must use the original one.

Now whenever I've entered my password to unlock my Z10, the prompt windows opens asking me to enter my password for BBID.

Hello,

I've highlighted above a few words in your post that, among the context they are located, make no sense to me...can you provide additional information about those?

As for what I think you are doing, what I think you are doing is attempting to change the actual BBID account that is associated to these devices. Please, therefore, review KB26694 linked in post 1 of this thread...that explains exactly what must be done in order to change the associate between a device and a BBID account (e.g., device WIPE is required).

Good luck and let us know1

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
michi30885

sdgardne wrote:

michi30885 wrote:

Hello,

I've highlighted above a few words in your post that, among the context they are located, make no sense to me...can you provide additional information about those?

As for what I think you are doing, what I think you are doing is attempting to change the actual BBID account that is associated to these devices. Please, therefore, review KB26694 linked in post 1 of this thread...that explains exactly what must be done in order to change the associate between a device and a BBID account (e.g., device WIPE is required).

Good luck and let us know1

Hi sorry about that, double checked what I was typing and went back to change any autocorrect words the PlayBook picked up, but it still changed it!

The first one is meant to say 'a new app' and the second 'the original BBID'.

Will try KB26694 and go from there, sorry I missed the part about a device wipe being required :No:

Contributor
michi30885

just re-read KB26694, most of my contacts were probably transferred to my Z10 through BB Protect as my Torch was on the old SIM card and was given a micro SIM for the Z10 so it's not a matter of it coming with the SIM card. Will try and contact the service provider to see if they can do anything, some of my contacts were saved on my phone since I got the Z10 in Feb

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry but I'm again confused...I can find, in KB26694, nothing related to the SIM card things that you mention. I don't see how that has any bearing on this situation. Rather, depending on which contacts you are concerned about, restoration of those may be automatic. For example, since BBM7, BBM contacts are not stored on the device at all...rather, in "the cloud" along with your BBID. So using the same BBID on different devices automatically migrates the BBM Contacts...but, in the traditional sense, there is no backup or restore process for BBM contacts.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
michi30885

Sorry for the confusion. It's related to a previous thread about Blackberry Protect on the new OS 10. I managed to get contact numbers on my Z10 and someone posted to say it was because it was transferred through my SIM card which wasn't the case.

Anyway, because I had already deleted my existing BBID, I didn't think I would be able to contact the service provider and ask them to resolve the issue for me. I've done a security wipe on my PlayBook and it's fine now and accepted my new BBID (with the exisiting credentials). I've even backed up all my contacts from my Z10 to my PlayBook so it's just a matter of removing my memory card where all my photos, videos etc are saved and doing a security wipe on that as well. Not hopeful that my apps will be transferred across though. I've only paid for a couple of apps really. I still have the original e-mail receipts with the same e-mail address used for my BBID.

Do you think Blackberry would be able to transfer the apps over without me having to pay for them again?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If, as I think you are saying, you have used the original email and destroyed the BBID, then you have re-created it with the exact same credentials, then what is supposed to happen is all prior purchase records are supposed to be re-attached (since the credentials are the same, the system can match up the records automatically).

But, in all of the confusion of conflicting and non-applicable information in this thread now, I am lost...I cannot tell what happens, on your Z10, when you try to create anew the BBID using the original credentials -- or, if you re-created it separately, I cannot tell what is happening on your Z10 when you attempt to log into it. And, now you've introduced your PlayBook, with some information that makes no sense either (e.g., I've no idea how to, from your words, back up your contacts from the Z10 to the PlayBook...perhaps via a server somewhere, but directly between them???).

I'm sorry, but I really am having a very difficult time following your chain of information. Can you perhaps try again, but this time be very organized and orderly? And include only information that is truly pertinent to whatever your current challenge is? I'm sure it's my fault, not able to follow you...but I'm asking for your help in understanding your situation clearly.

michi30885 wrote:

Do you think Blackberry would be able to transfer the apps over without me having to pay for them again?

As I say, way up in post 1 of this thread:

• "Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records."

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
michi30885

Thanks for your help and sorry for the confusion, but I was just responding to the questions you asked in the previous message.

Basically, here's the situation:

- i couldn't log in to my BBID using the passwords I would have likely changed it to

- when i tried to recover the password by answering the security question, it didn't accept my answer

- having quickly read your post, i deleted theold ID and created a new one using existing credentials 

- having tried and failed this, I realised I needed to do a security wipe so i tried to back up my phone using BB Link

- I did a security wipe on my PlayBook first as I didn't have much saved on it that i couldn't recover

- I managed to back up some contacts from my Z10 using BB Link but it wouldn't do a full back up, so I had to manually type all the missing contact details from my Z10 onto my PlayBook before I did a security wipe 

- the Z10 picked up some contact details from somewhere, so i had to manually input any that weren't recovered 

Hope that makes sense now. The new credentials on the new BBID didn't recover any of my purchased apps, but there was only one that i was really hoping would be reinstalled from AppWorld but didn't happen. At least my BBID works now