Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Nadak
My Device: Q10 SQN100-3
My Carrier: 00971558816600

Re: How to regain access to your BBID

If I find that email, and I delete In mean time what is going to happen to my account?? I don't think this is normal,,, how I can contact anyone in blackberry ID I need to talk to them
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Nadak wrote:
If I find that email, and I delete In mean time what is going to happen to my account??

If, when you re-create the BBID account, you use the exact same credentials, then all prior information (e.g., purchase records, BBM Contacts, etc.) are supposed to re-link back to the BBID account. With this process (destroy via the original email, recreate with same credentials) you are not supposed to lose anything.

Nadak wrote:
I don't think this is normal,,, how I can contact anyone in blackberry ID I need to talk to them

Please again re-read post 1 of this thread...that question also is already answered.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lizellis
My Device: Blackberry 8900

I'm really sorry, I must be dumb as mud, but I'm still stuck after supposedly forgetting both password and security question (to which there are only two possible answers) as well as having stupidly deleted the original validation email.

On my phone it says that if I forget the password and security question, then I need to do it from a computer, but that still kept asking me for the security question, so I have gone through the links in the OP to try and get it sorted.

As my ID is an email address which gets mail pushed to my blackberry, I went through the process of redirecting all the mail for that address to a new address I set up but I am still being asked for my security question. I have even deleted the associated email address from my BB but no luck. Is there something I have missed? I think I did everything as instructed but I'm not very technically minded.

I would willingly wipe my BB and create a new ID, except for the fact that when I plug my BB into my macbook it is no longer recognised so I would lose all my contacts etc.

In fact there seems to be a general problem with my phone now anyway. The only reason I discovered that I could no longer access my BBID and that the desktop wasn't working was after doing a software update I discovered BB messenger had disappeared. It says it's installed in my app world account and messages from contacts say they have been delivered, but there is no trace of it anywhere on my phone. Very mysterious! Also, as I'm not very good with passwords etc, I do write all the important ones down in a notebook, but this hasn't been much help because it's still saying it's the wrong password/security question.

So anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks, Liz
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

In the first post of this thread, there is a link to KB26361. About halfway down inside of that KB is a section that begins with:

• If the password for a BlackBerry ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, use the following process to reset the password.

However, pay careful heed to the "Note" section that follows those words...if you never originally and properly confirmed your BBID, then this recovery process will not work, and your only hope is human intervention (which is also covered in that first post).

But, given all else you describe, you may have additional problems...but you also say you are on MAC rather than PC. The bulk of the expertise available here is for Windows-based PCs, not for MAC...there are many tricks that can be conducted via PC, substantially less so via MAC. However, there is an entire section of this site dedicated to MAC users:

Perhaps someone who participates in that board can give you the MAC-related guidance you need.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lizellis
My Device: Blackberry 8900

Thanks for the quick response :smileyhappy:

I had confirmed the address (a hotmail one) but I can see on my phone after going through it again that the BBM upgrade message came via the blackberry.orange address. I tried to forward messages from there, but of course it wants the BBID password *facepalm*

I'll have a poke around the Mac forum and see if I can get anywhere although as my contract is now up, I might just bite the bullet and change it.

Thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chazza30
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: 02

How do I reset my password without answerin the recovery question because I no longer remember this
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

chazza30 wrote:
How do I reset my password without answerin the recovery question because I no longer remember this

Hello,

Please carefully read this entire thread...your question is already completely covered above.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dalponis
My Device: BBM
My Carrier: Telus

, even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you)

I have been unable to figure our how to reset without the recovery question...

I have BBM on my Galaxy S4. I bought an S5. I'm trying to log in there, with no luck.

And same with password recovery. No luck.

What can I do, as I'm not creating an account when they can mail me still, and I can say yeah, please reset password.

Or I can send BBMs on my S4...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• Article ID: KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password

About mid-way down that KB is a section that starts with:

• If the password for a BlackBerry ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, use the following process to reset the password.

This discusses the method to bypass the security question...but can only be used if you meet the specific criteria documented. If you do not meet that, then you fall further through my original post, to the section where you attempt to seek human formal support.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dalponis
My Device: BBM
My Carrier: Telus

My sister told me how she spelled the pet's name wrong...

Recovered account, reset password and answer. Woot.

Please use plain text.