Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to regain access to your BBID

LJLeech wrote:

... even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you). ...

I've spent the last hour reading and re-reading your links. I'm not finding the answer. What am I missing? After being on a BlackBerry fot six years, I switched to an Android for two years. I want to switch back to the BlackBerry Z10, but can't use much of the phone right now because of the lack of this ID. Thanks much for any help you can provide.

LJLeech, what is your exact question, you haven't stated your exact error or issue you're having.

When you're logging in the BBID on your Z10, it doesn't accept the password?

Can you try going to www.bbid.com and login to your BBID there?

Have you tried sending a password reset?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LJLeech
My Device: Z10

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Because I had been away from BlackBerry for two years, I'd lost/forgotten my password and the answer to the security question. I received a link from another party that allowed me to reset the password and everything seems to be fine now.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good deal, enjoy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
amespinor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

the recovery e-mail isn't being received by my AOL e-mail.  I've double checked any filters and even added bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com as one of my contacts.

I'm not sure exactly why the e-mail won't get to my inbox.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

amespinor wrote:

the recovery e-mail isn't being received by my AOL e-mail.  I've double checked any filters and even added bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com as one of my contacts.

I'm not sure exactly why the e-mail won't get to my inbox.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I haven't used AOL in years, but I recall that they have all kinds of special issues and special handling of email. Inbox may not be Inbox...you might have to look at ALL or some other type of server folder. And be sure you are doing so from a PC/browser interface to AOL, not from any mobile device. But, in all likelihood, this is an AOL issue and not a BB issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
MattJolly
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Hello there,

I have forgotten my password and verification answer, and have tried the appropriate suggestions above. None of these seem relevant as all seem to want at least one of my password or verification answer, and I can remember neither.

It is 0400 here, and I may have missed something obvious, but I could really do with some help!

Thank you all,

Matt

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

MattJolly wrote:

Hello there,

I have forgotten my password and verification answer, and have tried the appropriate suggestions above. None of these seem relevant as all seem to want at least one of my password or verification answer, and I can remember neither.

It is 0400 here, and I may have missed something obvious, but I could really do with some help!

Thank you all,

Matt

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer to KB 26361, a section that begins with:

If the password for a BlackBerry ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, use the following process to reset the password.

Note: If the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed, it is necessary to provide the answer to the password recovery question as part of the web based password reset flow.  To see if a BlackBerry ID account is confirmed, login to the BlackBerry ID account, select Account Details and locate the Email Status field.  For instructions on confirming the BlackBerry ID account follow  KB34137.

To generate a password reset email, complete the following:

If you never confirmed your BBID, then you cannot use this, and there is no way to bypass the need to answer the security question. Hence, you would in that case fall to the "human intervention" method discussed later in the first post of this thread. None of the automatic methods will work in the circumstance where the human component of the high security has completely failed to maintain the necessary passwords and such to retain access to the secure system.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ncafe91
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Hii hope u can help as been told to post here Its not about my blackberry I'd it's about my pin I have just got a blackberry and want to restore my old pin n contacts to this one I click restore using email address,, then it sends me a email basically sayingThank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorised use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please ensure that your BlackBerry is turned on to complete the registration. This email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email until registration occurs.
I have waited 3 days no email n just says that when I click on the bbm app or resend verifacation email n does same thing plz help am on bb cruve 8520 atm
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jkhcanoe
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

Thanks. All the links apply to ver 6 and higher and I have 5 on my Bold. The wiping looks like a multi-evening headache. I messed around now no longer have Blackberry World on my phone either, and surprise... Blackberry World does not give you a way to reinstall Blackberry World storefront. I have a phone with no good way to add apps, even if I had an ID. 

I think I got the message loud and clear--time to move on to Android. Had a good 7 year run with BBs. At least the phone and email works until I get the next thing.

Appreciate your support. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

jkhcanoe wrote:

. Blackberry World does not give you a way to reinstall Blackberry World storefront. I have a phone with no good way to add apps, even if I had an ID.

Using the device browser, go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and reinstall your BlackBerry World.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.