Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Question107674
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I am getting a app world purchase error ID:10000 when I ...

I am getting a app world purchase error ID:10000 when I try to purchase anything from the app store. I have a new paypal account I just set up the other day. It is active and seems to be working fine. I was wondering how I can go about fixing this issue. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I am getting a app world purchase error ID:10000 when I ...

HI there!

There have been some issues with the AppWorld services lately...most are reported to be cleared up. Please try again. Also, please try removing and re-installing AppWorld...some have reported that to be helpful. In addition...RIM has released AppWorld version 1.1.0.15...it is highly recommended to be on that version.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

If none of that works, then please return to these forums
(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smchar
My Device: Tour 9630

I tried everything that was posted, and I still get the Error Id: 10000 message when I try to buy something.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smealgrad2012
My Device: 3095ADC8

I have the same problem. I know many others have experienced the same thing, yet it doesn't seem enough blackberry users have had this problem for it to be a noticable issue that needs to be fixed.  IT renders the application world useless.  I have heard that Blackberry has pointed the finger at Paypal and vice versa when people have complained about this error code: 10000.  It doesn't make sense that you can get a free application from the app world, yet when you want to give blackberry (or whoever) your money for your app, you can't.  Someone needs to create an update and it might have to be blackberry but someone needs to fix this problem and I have such faith in blackberry at the moment - I hope they don't let these users down.  What's then keeping users from switching to the iPhone???

I love my BlackBerry and I don't plan on getting rid of it, yet I am not able to get my phone to perform to its true potential.

Blackberry Storm 9530
Have yet to find solution for error code: 10000
for BlackBerry application world.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smchar

I went through the highest level of BB tech support, which included remote access to my computer and generating a log.txt file for BB tech support analysis. The conclusion: It's Paypal's fault. But since I have no problem using Paypal for all of my other purchases, this makes no sense. Indeed I have contacted Paypal at the same time I get the error message, and Paypal has been able to identify the software I am  trying to purchase from App World, and assured me that on their end they have approved the purchase. This is all very frustrating, and I remain convinced that an update to App World would fix this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smchar

At the suggestion of BlackBerry tech support, I created a brand new Paypal account in addition to the one that I kept getting an error message with. Voila! I can now buy apps using that second account. It remains a mystery to me why the first account, which works just fine for buying items on the internet, does not work for buying apps, but the new Paypal account does. Anyhow, since I can now buy apps, I don't care what the reason is.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jabial
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 "Onyx"

In my case, the Error 10000 was due to a DigitalRiver problem. DigitalRiver is an e-commerce company that provides support for the BlackBerry App World, and many other web shops like that of VMWare and BYKI. Sending them a support request explaining that I had a problem with many DigitalRiver-powered e-shops caused them to solve my problem. Now I can use the App World without changing PayPal accounts.

I also warned PayPal that this was the cause of the problem, since they obviously thought it was linked to their transaction security risk model system.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Borat777
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Hi there Weve done all these, what next? Nothing seems to work? We want to buy apps! Come on someone out there should have a solution ! Thank you
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Borat777 wrote:
Hi there Weve done all these, what next? Nothing seems to work? We want to buy apps! Come on someone out there should have a solution ! Thank you

Hello,

This thread is a bit dated...the most recent information on that error code is here:

• KB24454 "There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful to your situation!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
john_06227
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

what is the solution to this error 10000

Please use plain text.