Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
GRMA
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Am I going to lose all my apps?

Even though I am conducting a full backup, I am still concerned that I will lose all my apps once I wipe the PlayBook, including the ones I paid for. The article says that I will not lose them and that they will be associated with my BB ID.

But since I deleted my first BB ID and setting up a new one, does that mean I will lose all my apps?

Please advise

btw, I tried backing up once and I got an error message. I will be trying a few more times but it is looking as I will not be able to back anything up on my Playbook before wiping it

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Am I going to lose all my apps?

Once you use the new BBID, you will not have access to the PAID apps purchased with the old BBID.

You can download, of course, the free ones with no issue.

I believe the KB article is pretty specific about that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

[ Edited ]

As a customer, I am not happy about that. I am just wondering how all of this could have been prevented? All I wanted to do was stop paying for BBM Music and redirect my monthly fee to another app provider on my BlackBerry. But by deleting my original BBID, it caused other issues.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Hey, I am not insulting you. I have no crystal ball to know what all in your life is happening, and even with child, wife, college and work, it might take all of 10-20 seconds to review that KB article fully... I suppose one could copy and paste it in THIS thread, however from your comments, you may still not take the time to read it.

I am sorry you are upset. I don't know why you'd be upset with me. I have very been very patiently swiftly responding to your questions and assisting you. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users.

Regardless, you know the resolution now.

Good luck with your issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

Yes, you have been good at responding. It was just the way said it. I am still waking up and misinterpretted your comments but I am over it:smileywink:. I will go in later and delete or edit the comment.

I've been trying to help a friend resolve a similiar issue with his PlayBook, and he hasn't been successful either. It's been a long week

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Understood.

Feel free to tell your friend to post his issues here.

I don't know why you couldn't type in your original BBID password, we never got past that did we? If we had, you likely wouldn't have to create a new ID and wipe your Playbook.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

No we didn't get past that issue. I am getting the feeling I may have to reinstall operating system on my BlackBerry.

I have a little time tonight. I am going to reinstall software on PlayBook and then see what happens

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

"Enter the user name associated with this smartphone" appears

[ Edited ]

I changed my BlackBerry ID to resolve a problem I had with my PlayBook.

Now, with my BlackBerry, I get this message, "Enter the user name associated with this smartphone" whenever I try logging into App World. And for most of the day today, I was getting the same message, whenever I tried to use BBM.

Interestingly, as soon as I reinstalled the latest software on my PlayBook as well as logged in to my PlayBook using my new BB ID, the above message stopped appearing in BBM app on my BlackBerry (but it still appears when i try to access App World

So, in summary,

• I resolved my problem with my PlayBook because I wiped it and started from a clean slate
  • I can now associate my new BlackBerry ID with my PlayBook. I can also log in online.
  • But for some reason, I cannot use the same email and password to access App world using my BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: "Enter the user name associated with this smartphone" appears

Hi and welcome to the forums!+

Sounds like you were quite successor in recovering your device. The link below has some other conditions that may have forced the email change.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB31822 Identifying and troubleshooting over-the-air activation issues with the BlackBerry PlayBook

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

Re: "Enter the user name associated with this smartphone" appears

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The link you provided takes me to an article about connectivy issues with a PlayBook. My PlayBook is now working.

Right now, I can't log in to app world with BlackBerry, using the new BB ID I created.

Please use plain text.