Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
GRMA
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I can't reset BlackBerry ID

So I canceled my BlackBerry ID but now I can't log in to my PlayBook. But I can log in online. Why does my password work in place but not the other? I get a message on my PlayBook saying "You cannot change users on this PlayBook. Please login with the original BBID used on this PlayBook" ugh???

I typed in my new password and it doesn't work. I've reset my password and tried it again, and it does not work. I also rebooted my PlayBook, thinking that might work.

This is really, really frustrating. :Censored:

I've reset my password and the same problem arises.

When you said I should delete the BBID from the orginal email I received, I didn't think it would affect my PlayBook. I am not happy right now because I use the Kobos app for reading and now I cannot access my text books I need to access

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry. You never said you were using the same BBID on your PlayBook... didn't know that.

How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

[ Edited ]

I just tried this. I got to step 3 and the "sign in with your BlackBerry ID" prompt appears. How do I get to step 4, if this password prompt keeps appearing?

So, I changed my password again. Again, as before, I can log in online but I can't log into my PlayBook.

I just tried logging onto my BlackBerry and I get the "enter the username associated with this smartphone" message. I am not sure why. I typed my email address, which is supposed to be my username.

In summary, I can log in online using my email address (as user name) and my new password. But for some reason I can't log in with both my devices 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Makes me wonder if you've entered it wrong too many times?

BlackBerry ID lockout behavior   

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

[ Edited ]

That is absolutely not the case. What do I do next?

This is not working and taking up a lot of my time. Why am I able to log in online but not on my PlayBook? Something is wrong here and it's not me mistyping my password. Shouldn't my BB ID be automatically synched between devices anyway?

Here is another question:

If I enter the previous password, a log in attempt is recorded, reducing the number of logins I am allowed. But when I try the new password, (the one that works online but not on my PlayBook) I get the "You cannot change users on this Playbook. Please log in with original BBID used on this playbook" message...Shouldn't I be recording log in attempts with the new BBID and password as well?

I am changing my password again, but I am not hopeful. Please help. Once again, I am not mistyping my password

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

I  just tried logging onto my BlackBerry and I get the "enter the username associated with this smartphone" message. I am not sure why. I typed my email address, which is supposed to be my username.

In summary, I can log in online using my email address (as user name) and my new password. But for some reason I can't log in with both my devices

Please use plain text.
JSanders

GRMA wrote:

If I enter the previous password, a log in attempt is recorded, reducing the number of logins I am allowed. But when I try the new password, (the one that works online but not on my PlayBook) I get the "You cannot change users on this Playbook. Please log in with original BBID used on this playbook" message...Shouldn't I be recording log in attempts with the new BBID and password as well?

That makes me think you have not changed users on that PlayBook yet.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA

ok, I think we might be getting somewhere.

How would I change users?

When I deleted my the ID, I set up a new one, using the same email address. I don't recall having to change users? I am the only user

Please use plain text.
JSanders

My link above in psot #8 covered that.

To change the BlackBerry ID to another account, the PlayBook will need to be wiped.

Article ID: KB27188 How to perform a security wipe on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GRMA