Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
ravemot1
My Device: 8520 curve

I fixed slow downloading on 8520 under VODACOM network.

I realized that downloading started becoming extremely slow and failed as a result thereof, so here's what you can do to fix this:

(This might take a lot of time but it worked for me)

Okay, that monthly R59 bis you buy every month, let it expire. Then your big EDGE in top right corner turns into a little edge.

Now you buy your R59 bis.

You will see that your edge is still little, so here's what you do:

- switch phone off by pressing, and holding in, the 'alt', right shift and 'del' buttons for 2 seconds. Your phone restarts now

- when it's on again, vodacom will send you a message saying to please reboot your phone so they can send you the correct service books.

So now you pull out your battery while your phone is still on. Leave it out for a minute and insert it..

Your phone loads and whatever and when it comes on, problem fixed :smileyhappy:

"Like" this if it helped you too, thanks.

P.S I still love Ruby
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeeMan19
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: I fixed slow downloading on 8520 under VODACOM network.

Will it work on cell c network because I went from mtn to cell c & the same thing is happening??so I think its just the EDGE service in general bru..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maddog550
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve

The problem is fixed for only a temorarily time. When you pass the certain download limit mark you will be back to slow downloads again...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
goldsalltime
My Device: 9300, 8520, 9780, 9360, 9810

What is the download limit for Vodacom coz during the first dayz of BIS activation my bb is supper fast but all of a sudden around 10th of each after activation it turns out to become slow but I call vodacom to confirm they told me their service is unlimited. Even tho CELLC is giving 2GB for its slow service and MTN 200MB medium per bis still vodacom is fast of them all
gtyms
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimmyjam23
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

They put a speed cap after 100mb (approx. 400mb because BIS service is compressed)
Source: Can't remember, some funny website
Please use plain text.