Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
tz008
My Device: BB Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

I have used maximum number of PIN changes and cannot retrieve Apps?

[ Edited ]

My blackberry was recently stolen and when I tried logging into my MyWorld/Paypal account I got a notice saying that I have used the maximum number of device changes.This is the first time I have ever tried to retrieve my Apps so I don't understand why I am getting this message.

I tried sending an email to support but I kept being told to enter a valid PIN?

It would suck big time to not be able to get back all my purchased applications. :womansad:

EDIT: I am with Telus, using the BB Tour 9630.

Message Edited by tz008 on 08-15-2009 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I have used maximum number of PIN changes and cannot retrieve Apps?

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Be sure to also include the reason why you have exceeded your maximum allowable PIN associations to AppWorld (e.g., multiple RMA, warranty replacement, etc.).

If that is the form on which you received the bad PIN message, please reply back here with that fact...there is another process that you'll need to do for that one...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
tz008
My Device: BB Tour 9630

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the form I used when I was getting the invalid PIN notices. I got it from the first post on the forum, before I posted this.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah...ok...then please see your Private Messages on this forum for a message from me with instructions.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
barneym
My Device: bold 9000

i've followed your instruction regarding the escalation process and completed the form, but get an error on submission. "

Exception Case Support

The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later. "

what to do further?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

barneym wrote:

i've followed your instruction regarding the escalation process and completed the form, but get an error on submission. "

Exception Case Support

The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later. "

what to do further?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This thread is, in Internet terms, quite ancient. That method of escalation is no longer valid. Rather, to receive any formal support from RIM, you must first start with your contractually required support provider. That will be either your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center -- it depends on the issue, your method of BB procurement, and your region.

If your issue is exactly as discussed in this thread, then it is one of BB services, and that would be escalated by your mobile service provider up to RIM.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates