Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Question119548
My Device: Not Specified

I keep getting the "Unable to authenticate user" error m...

I keep getting the "Unable to authenticate user" error message when I try to log in to app world. I enter my paypal credentials and it gives me this message. I have purchased a program and have not been able to use it due to this error message.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I keep getting the "Unable to authenticate user" error m...

Hi there!

The credentials that AppWorld seeks are the exact same credentials that you use in PayPal. Please try logging into PayPal from a PC and see if your credentials remain active and current.

If you continue to receive the error and need to enter a ticket with RIM formal support, then your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.