Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Question121395
My Device: Not Specified

I recently upgraded to the most recent version of BlackB...

I recently upgraded to the most recent version of BlackBerry AppWorld on my BlackBerry Storm. I live in the USA. After the upgrade, the costs for all the applications in AppWorld are shown in Euros (instead of $USD). How do I change the prices to $USD?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I recently upgraded to the most recent version of BlackB...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

We are informed that RIM is aware of this issue and is working on it. In the meantime, There are a few workarounds you can try (many are reporting that #1 fixes it very quickly).

1) Log into MyWorld with your PayPal credentials...some have reported this to clear things up. Additionally, if you actually make a purchase attempt, it has been reported that the currency then shifts to match your PayPal currency.

2) Remove and re-install AppWorld.

3) If you are on VZW, then a work around is to remove your SIM from your BB. On VZW, the SIM is not needed for anything; I've been running without mine for months just fine.

4) If you are not on VZW yet are on another CDMA carrier, you can try removing the SIM as well...but I am not positive that works OK with all other CDMA carriers. If you are not on a CDMA carrier, then we presently have no workaround for you.

5) If these remedies don't work and/or you are on any carrier other than VZW, please post and identify your carrier so that RIM can more fully research the issue.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sabremax

I have the same issue. I called Blackberry and they didn't seem to have a clue.  They sent me back to Verizon for tech support.  They had no clue either.  I tried deleting and downloading again from my phone but I just get the same software.  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taboo7638

the same thing happened to me but I can't find an answer... I'm going to delete it and then try to reinstall the old version
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taboo7638

It didn't work.... eventhough it said I was installing the older version, it went straight into the newer version & it's giving me the info in English pounds AGAIN....... aaaagggghhhhh.... I sent an email to support, we'll see what happens.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taboo7638

Ok.... I tried this:    

Pretend that you want to purchase the app.....Go to your PayPal account. Click on through as if you were going to buy it, go through until the app pops up a window explaining that it will now switch to your monetary values. Click ok and  then cancel and it will work...... I have the BB Tour & it worked for me.... Hope this helps..... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

taboo7638 wrote:
 Ok.... I tried this:    

Pretend that you want to purchase the app.....Go to your PayPal account. Click on through as if you were going to buy it, go through until the app pops up a window explaining that it will now switch to your monetary values. Click ok and  then cancel and it will work...... I have the BB Tour & it worked for me.... Hope this helps..... :smileyhappy:

Hmmm...sounds oddly similar to my recommendation #1 above...but no matter, glad you got it working. Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.