Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Psalmson
My Device: blackberry 9860
My Carrier: none

Re: ID Login to App World - Authenticating in continuous loop

Hi, I am trying try to log on using my bbID but the response I get is "unable to log into your bbID account" I have tried several times to no avail. Then I tried changing my password. But I'm not sure of th answer to my security question. But when I put what I think it is it then says "for security reasons, the bbID password recovery has been locked" I'm really frustrated and I need urgent assistance. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Psalmson wrote:
Hi, I am trying try to log on using my bbID but the response I get is "unable to log into your bbID account" I have tried several times to no avail. Then I tried changing my password. But I'm not sure of th answer to my security question. But when I put what I think it is it then says "for security reasons, the bbID password recovery has been locked" I'm really frustrated and I need urgent assistance. Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That is interesting...but refer to this KB:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Depending on your circumstances, your BB ID may unlock and you may be able to retry.

Also, the last process in this KB might be helpful:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

If not, there is pretty much only one thing left for you to try, short of formal support. When you created your BB ID, you should have received an email confirming things...inside that email should be a link that will destroy your BB ID. Then, you re-create with the exact same credentials and all of your previous AppWorld records (e.g., purchases) are supposed to refresh and be retained.

Other than that, contacting your mobile service provider and requesting escalation up to RIM for formal support would be your next step to resolving this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Psalmson

Thanks for the assistance. I was abld to destroy the BBID and created another. However, when I try to log woth the newID a message pops up saying "enter the username associated with this smartphone" with proving a box to type that in. And I belive my username is my email address and I have typed that in already. Please help. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Psalmson wrote:
a message pops up saying "enter the username associated with this smartphone" 

That message means that the BB ID credentials you have used this time are NOT identical to that which you destroyed. Doing this means you will lose all prior records from AppWorld...you must use the exact same credentials in creating the new BB ID. If you did not take careful note of what those were before you destroyed it, then you may never be able to properly re-create your BB ID and preserve your prior AppWorld records.

For reference, this KB applies to that message:

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Psalmson

If I have destroyed the previous details why is it still relevant when creating this new one. I don't undefstand! The only things not identical is the screen name and I. Hanged because it gave me a response that the screen name is already in use. Thd other thing that changed is the securiry question because I couldn't remember the answer. So please is there a way I can still have a BBID under my current username which is my email address without any of this issues. Its really **bleep** me off. Or is there a way to bypass all these rigidity.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Psalmson

Is there a way to register my BBID on my device. The process of doing that is what brings out the message "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" and don't see why it should give me that because I havd already imputed the username which I my email address. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Let me see if I can explain. AppWorld records are forever associated with a BB ID. A BB ID can be assigned to only one BB at a time. When you transfer a BB ID to a new BB, the previous AppWorld records come along. That's how you upgrade your device yet keep your prior purchases and not have to pay again...by using that exact same BB ID on a new device.

All of this high security is also why I said up above that you must use the completely exact same BB ID credentials when you destroy/recreate it...when you do exactly that, the RIM servers are supposed to then retain those prior AW records and let you keep them. But, now from what you've said, you did not do that (different username), and so you now have created a new BB ID, and your prior records will not come along (unless you get escalated into RIM and convince someone to manually move your records from one BB ID to another).

The last problem you are seeing ("Please enter the username associated...") is also due to the high security. Once a BB ID is configured onto a BB, the only way to change it is to actually WIPE the BB (as instructed to you earlier).

So, from what you've now revealed, all I can recommend is destroying this new BB ID that you created and re-create the original one with the exact same information. Then, you may or may not be able to log into that BB ID from the BB without WIPING it...it depends on what BB ID credentials the BB presently thinks it has.

You would probably be wisest to do all of the destruction/recreation of the BB ID via PC/Browser, WIPE the BB as the instructions say, and then log into the proper BB ID from the newly wiped BB.

I'm sorry that you are having so much difficult. But BBs are recognized as the most secure mobile devices and services available. A major component of that security is the human aspect...when it fails, there's simply no amount of systematic recovery that can make things simple, yet keep that rating of highest security.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Psalmson

Thanks for the explanation. I did not change my username. What changed was the screen name and that's because after destroying and trying to recreate, I got a message saying "screen name already exists" then the site suggested that I use my screen name and a number infront which makes it slightly identical. The other thing was the security question, I couldn't remember the answer, so that changed. In any case, Please how do I escalate to RIM? I just want to be able to access appworld on my device. I don't think there is a need to destroy the new BBID becos I can't get the exact information. So is it possible to use my device with the the BBID? And do I need to also do a WIPE before that can happen? The new BBID has thesame username and password, a slightly different screen name and a different security question. Please what are my options? Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Psalmson wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I did not change my username. What changed was the screen name

Oops...sorry, you are correct...my error as I was typing the above. You used the same UserName, but a different Screen Name. I'm honestly not certain if that results in replacing the identical BB ID or not...you would need to check, likely via a PC/browser, whether on not this BB ID contains your prior AppWorld records or not. The change to the Security Question should not matter, I think...but, again, you need to validate if your prior AppWorld records are there or not.

Psalmson wrote:
In any case, Please how do I escalate to RIM?

Exactly as I said in post 303 above...via your mobile service provider...only they can formally escalate your case into RIM for assistance. Then again, that will only be required IF this re-created BB ID does not have your prior AppWorld records attached.

Psalmson wrote:
I don't think there is a need to destroy the new BBID becos I can't get the exact information.

That will depend on what this BBID has attached to it...if it has your prior purchase records, then you are good to go. If it does not, then you either need to destroy/recreate it or get escalated into RIM so that someone can manually migrate your prior purchase records over to this BB ID.

Psalmson wrote:
So is it possible to use my device with the the BBID?

As stated, you can use any BB ID with your device...but, depending on circumstances, that may be easy or tricky.

Psalmson wrote:
And do I need to also do a WIPE before that can happen? The new BBID has thesame username and password, a slightly different screen name and a different security question. Please what are my options? Thanks for your help.

If the device is not recognizing the credentials you are now providing as exactly matching that which it has previously stored (which, from the error message you earlier provided, this seems to be the case), then your only option is to WIPE so that you can successfully enter these new credentials and it will accept them. That is the only way to change the BB ID associated with a BB...by Wiping. If the BB thinks it has previously been associated with a BB ID, then changing that association to a different BB ID requires wiping the BB.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Psalmson

Ok, thanks for your assistance. I will wipe and give you feedback. I'm grateful.
Please use plain text.