Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Psalmson
My Device: blackberry 9860
My Carrier: none

Re: ID Login to App World - Authenticating in continuous loop

Thank you so much. I was able to wipe and also upgrade my device. I can now access appworld, though my account wasn't intact. But its ok, many thanks and merry xmas in advance.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent! You are most welcome...but...

Psalmson wrote:
I can now access appworld, though my account wasn't intact.

If by that, you mean your prior purchase records are not there and you desire them to be so, then you need to do as I've said before...contact your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate you into RIM so that someone can manually merge your records from your prior BBID/AppWorld account into this new one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
reilly89
My Device: blackberry curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: orange

Hello I have downloaded app world and messenger but everytime I open them it says thhat I need to updaate my Id so I click on update and it just comes up interupted error 80003 everytime wat can I do
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

reilly89 wrote:
Hello I have downloaded app world and messenger but everytime I open them it says thhat I need to updaate my Id so I click on update and it just comes up interupted error 80003 everytime wat can I do

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khaphie
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: java powered and registered trademarks of sun microsystems, inc. inthe united states and others countries

Hi! I have created my blackberry ID and i have been using it for a while. Unfortunately, i can't find the blackberry app world icon on the menu and i tried to download it but it ask me to replaced it with a new version, so i did. After i downloaded it, i still could not find the icon on the menu but i clicked on options icon on the menu, then select third party applications and click on blackberry ID. I re-enter the username and password but it keeps asking me to enter the username associated with this smartphone. I attempted to re-enter my e-mail address as the username for about nine out of ten attempt, but it did not work. Please i need my ID account because i can't download applications. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

khaphie wrote:
Hi! I have created my blackberry ID and i have been using it for a while. Unfortunately, i can't find the blackberry app world icon on the menu and i tried to download it but it ask me to replaced it with a new version, so i did. After i downloaded it, i still could not find the icon on the menu but i clicked on options icon on the menu, then select third party applications and click on blackberry ID. I re-enter the username and password but it keeps asking me to enter the username associated with this smartphone. I attempted to re-enter my e-mail address as the username for about nine out of ten attempt, but it did not work. Please i need my ID account because i can't download applications. Please help.

From what you described, you've got two problems going on, so it would appear...you did seem to change from one symptom to the other mid-way in your post... As in, to diagnose the missing AppWorld icon, you would not look, inside of your installed apps for BB ID...rather, you would look in there to see if AppWorld is truly installed...nevertheless...

Concerning the inability to see the AW icon, please review this rather long thread...it likely has what you need to know:

Concerning the BB ID, that error message means that a BB ID has previously been assigned this BB, and you are now attempting to change it to a different BB ID. To do that, a device WIPE is required, as per this KB:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone 

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ochukelvin
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: student

I can't login to app world
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ochukelvin wrote:
I can't login to app world

Well, that's a bit brief of a description from which to work out anything useful for you to try. So, I recommend you first review this entire thread (yes, all 300 or so posts!) to see if any of the remedies already posted may apply to your situation. Also, be certain that your specific situation actually applies to those which are under discussion within this thread...it may be that you actually have separate symptoms, which would mean you need to be posting in a different thread (perhaps your very own).

So, good luck, and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
PreseLu
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Luvo

I just got my BB back from repairs, and I've forgotten my password and as well as the answer to the security question therefore I can't log in. . . Please help!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello PreseLu,

think again and try to remember either the password or the answer to the security question. There are no other ways.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.