Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
doncoop
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: ID Login to App World - Authenticating in continuous loop

@narda

Can I suggest you follow the way it worked for me by going on a PC and using the appworld website. Sounds like your phone is doing the same as mine but after doing the things I did on my PC you should be ok.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TechnicalHelper
My Device: Blackberry 8900

If You Are Experiencing Difficulty In Creating An Account For The App World Please Visit The Online Website Below To Create Your Account Then Simply Log-In On Your Device.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB24062

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black star box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
black_rat_boy
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T Mobile UK

I have to say I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be with this phone. I have a curve 9300 and it seems that most of the apps in the App world don't work with this model, and those that do are purely for business users. I also have this 'authenticating' fault that is seriously p*****g me off now! I am using a curve 9300 on OS v5.0.0.794 (platform 6.3.0.23).

Also, when I add bookmarks via my browser they disappear after a couple of days without reason.

When the phone salesman sold me this phone less than two weeks ago, he assured me that it was 'better than the iphone'. Now I have it I'm not so sure it is.

Any ideas how to cure the two above faults? I've tried the wi-fi off thing as well as checking my browser is set to internet with no success.

Cheers!

Richard

Please use plain text.
Contributor
doncoop

@ black_rat_boy / Richard.

As phones I think blackberrys do win but the apps aren't great I agree. The changes they have made to appworld will help in the long run though.

I have been through you pain for the authentication. What part are you stuck @? If you get past authentication and get the loading bar, you may need to go via the website like I did previous.

If not what exactly is happening?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
black_rat_boy

Hi

I get to the part where you enter your email and password, but then it says it is authenticating, then comes up with the erroir message that there is a connection error. I have tried to download items with the phone connected to the laptop and go through appworld, but my browser says that it has been re-directed to a connection that will never succeed.

Any help would be gratefully received...  (And it might stop me running over my phone with my car)..

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
black_rat_boy

And suddenly it has started working again for no apparent reason!!!  GRRRRR!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
doncoop

Well that's a relief as I wouldn't have had a scooby doo how to fix that prob!

I just recently connected my phone to the bb desktop manager on my laptop and there were a lot of updates to the core coponents / bb apps. Might be worth while it is ok to make sure its fully updated!

Hope things go more smoothly from here on out
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
black_rat_boy

No worries, thanks for your help so far. Hopefully it'll behave itself from here on in. Only time will tell!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mclayton
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Voodofone

[ Edited ]

I too have the same problem with the Blackberry Apps World Login.

I get the login screen, I enter the username and password and it authenticates then I get a green bar with the word "loading". If I leave it long enough I get the text "you must agree to the terms an conditions......" etc. but I do not get the screen to accept the terms.

I have tried updating the phone,

I have tried updating and reinstalling Blackberry Apps World.

I have tried installing it from both the mobile and the website,

I have disabled WLAN (and bluetooth for good measure),

I have tried the link given by Blackberry.

It used to work well before RIM changed it and quite frankly I think the new version is a load of rubbish. And it is clear to me that RIM have no idea what the problem is and cannot fix it.

But if there is someone out there who knows something I have'nt tried (other than buying an I-phone or HTC) then I am using a Bold 9000 with v5.0.0.681 (platform 5.2.0.64). Please feel free to post a solution.

Meanwhile, I am going to start pricing a different make. I am sad to say that Blackberry has lost the plot and this is from a staunch supporter in the past!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
doncoop

@mclayton.

When you say install from mobile and website I take it you mean the appworld program.

For me I needed to go to the appworld website (link earlier in the thread) and then connect the phone via usb.

There is about 3 steps to go through, one of which is agreeing to the terms and conditions, which then allows you to download and install apps from both website and phone.
Please use plain text.