Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ID Login to App World - Authenticating in continuous loop

I have a blakberry email account is that the same. {@att.blackberry.net}
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

then you must create a BlackBerryID in addition to your current AT&T email address. It's here:

http://us.blackberry.com/id/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thank you 

Hey I'm also struggling...I have downloaded BB App World but when ever I want to download an app and I try logging in with my BB I'd then it first says authenticating the says "and error has occured. Please try again later".
I have tried deleting App World and reinstalling it, rebooting and also tries taking my battery out for a couple minutes.
I can login to the BB website with my ID but my App World just won't let me in.
How do I fix this? Is it a server problem or a BB preblem? Please help, I've been trying now for a week to fix this myself!
Visitor

Hey iv registered for apps world,I'd successfully created,but when I try 2log in 2download apps. I get an error message,saying error has occurred please try again later. PLease HELP,its been this way 4 2wks now &im a new user. I have a BB curve 8520
Contributor

Hello!

I also have a similar problem with downloading an application from BB app. It goes up to the stage where it shows "Account Info" then it stuck there. When I click save it returns to the same page over and over. If I discut it goes to the main page.

Help please!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

I had this problem on my curve 8520 and finally it got fixed by my service provider.

i bought a new blackberry the torch 9800, tried to log in with my previous blackberry id and it authenticates and then stays on the enter email and password screen, i cant get past the log in screen.

frankly now i am getting fed up with blackberry, i had this problem before and here it starts again.

before the whole 'blackberry ID' came into practice i had NO problems downloading, and now since blackberry id came the problems have started.

as well as having been given a faulty device and waiting for over a week for a new one. blackberry will be losing a customer over this soon.

please give me advice on how to fix this problem as now my patience is working very thin.

its a brand new phone and not a cheap one at that!!!!

my settings are correct and my wifi is off.

phone details:

blackberry torch 9800

carrier Vodacom South Africa

v6.0.0.246

platform: 6.4.0.105

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sam

My Device: bold 9700

Same problem as eveyones else.

after Blackberry ID came about I couldn't get on to app world. got stuck in all the usual places. Today I decided to update my phone software to the latest, 6.0.... etc and removed app world as it had told me some time ago that there was a leter version but i couldn't get it of course! So got the new one today also. I agree to everything and got to try and get my app updates of which I now have several. "my world" takes me striaght to the account page which will not go away. It also says my paypal details are incorrect, which is wrong as I checked to make sure. It won't give me the option to use another type of payment (and all my updates are supposed to be FREE) and saving from the accounts page takes me straight back to the paypal page even if I choose not to migrate my existing apps. This has now gone on for months, literally, and I will shortly be leaving Blackberry and giving a bad rap about them to anyone that'll listen.

This is frustrating in the extreme! No wonder android phones have shot to stardom!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

[ Edited ]

I think I have found the solution for Blackberry App World connectivity to the server.   The ___________ is a separator for the line breaks. This forum didn't even accept the <BR> or simple line breaks.______________

I'll describe them as in steps, since I can't make out grammar properly.______________-

1. Before you do anything, Download or update your Blackberry App World to the newest version. You can do that by updating them via the Blackberry App World's Updater, or Desktop Manager on the PC.___________

2. Go to your Blackberry ID, and make the necessary changes. I believe the BAW is having problems with special characters on email address other than the letters and numbers. E.G. lulul.lulul0101@lulul.com should be as lulul@lulul.com. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOG IN THAT EMAIL ON YOUR PC. It's a standard measurement of keeping your account safe away from those hackers.______________

3. Make sure you ties your Blackberry ID info to your myBlackberry access. Use the same email, password and if possible, same username just in case of future update for BAW. I can't confirm this but anyone should be able to confirm me. Maybe it's just me._________________

4. Go to Paypal, and do the same thing, use the lower case letter if possible, without any characters ( numbers, punctuations, and etc.) !!! I think I discovered this problem, but I need confirmation. While you have the shorter email that will be ties to your blackberry id, you'll need to make sure you only have ONE email access to paypal. I removed my extra email that was once tied to the two-years-ago purchase of two Apps, and suddenly my hotmail address accepted the access on the BAW.________________   Also, removing the address of ...@bell.blackberry.net and using the letter only address (e.g. lululul@lululul.com) actually fixed the problem with BAW connectivity to APP World Server.  Need confirmation.

Anyone are very welcome to confirm this theory, and I think this was explained somewhere in the previous pages, but I think it's appropriate to have them in steps._______________

Thank you._______________

New Contributor

I can't authenticate my account!! I've tried 2 reset my password but it still doesn't work... Why?! Why!? WHY!!????? Help??