Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
kenm47
My Device: Bold 9780

Icon for App World gone again

I had upgraded to 4.0.0.55 and the icon is no longer in my homescreen, I am therefore unable to open app world. I have also tried on several occasions the advice given above - hard start, delete, hard start, reload etc. I can also not find any link to download version 3.1.1.21 which was the last one that worked as I had the same issue with 3.1.1.25 and the only method I could find was to reload the archived version which was 3.1.1.21.
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800

Re: Icon for App World gone again

You should be able to open your browser on your phone and go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and follow the prompts to reinstall it. This should bring back the applications for you to use.
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Contributor
kenm47

Been there, done that - a few times - to no avail. App World downloads but the icon does not appear.
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800

Checked for hidden icons?
Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Contributor
kenm47

Yep and went through all the folders to see if I had not inadvertently moved it.
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

From the blackberry go to http://rroyy.com/ota/index2.php and download app world from there.

Thank you Wolf359 but that has already been udated to 3.1.4.25 and only the previous version worked. I am going to try via wi-fi today and will keep all posted.
Contributor
kenm47

I downloaded via wi-fi but still no icon, I did a reboot by battery pull and still no Icon, I have app world on my device but cannot use it. Hope a solution is forthcoming.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Lets try safe mode:

Battery pull, insert battery and when the red light goes off, hold down the back key through the entire boot process.  It will give you a message about safe mode.    

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17877

See if you can remove app world that way and reboot the device and try again.

if not, its extreme but you can reload the OS

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Thank you Wolf I tried twice once uninstalling before safe mode and reinstalling and once uninstalling during safe mode and reinstalling both times did not load the Icon. I see RIM have now progressed to version 4.0.0.63