Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
ianrdcameron
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: In App purchase error 30242

Further to earlier reply and long running saga, I continue to be able to purchase items through App World with no problem. Seems to be in app purchase problem only for me although some reports suggest problem is wider.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-Bar
My Device: Torch 9860

Anyone from RIM able to comment on this?

Please use plain text.
ronsonk
My Device: Torch 9810; Playbook

Count me in as someone affected by this problem.  I'm sure the developers of StickTennis would love my money, however, 30242 prevents me from giving it to them.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Employee
atailby
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900

I've had the same issue in the Treehouse app when trying to purchase an additional month of subscription. The first two months I had this app I was able to purchase another month of subscription but it no longer allows it. I am able to buy and use other apps on the PlayBook and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a couple times (including restarting the device between uninstall and reinstall as well as after reinstall).

Any news at all on this?

Please use plain text.
kth
kth
My Device: playbook

This issue is not being addressed it has been a couple of weeks since I became aware of it and it is surely one that hurts users as well as developers the developers are not going to develop games for a company that does not give them a continued revenue stream when that revenue is part of the deal. gof2 hd uses this and the developer can earn much more than the purchase price of the game. There are no plans to release the expansions for this (excellent) game - yet other platforms already have 2 expansions for it with more planned!  this is a world class machine! Come on blackberry lets try ansd fix issues or at least have some comments on what your efforts are! alec Saunders knows about the issue- big deal! When I search the issue on line I find very little from blackberry and a lot form users

Fix It! Please

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-Bar
My Device: Torch 9860

Anyone hear anything new on this issue???
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

RIM has officially acknowledged this error in october 2012, as you can see in the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB32888 "There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error ID: 30242)" when attempting to complete a purchase in App World on the PlayBook

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.