Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
abi1988
My Device: curve 8530

Indonesian can't buy blackberry apps!!

Hi, 

my name is Abi. I'm from Indonesia.

I'm having problem paying for a very nice blackberry apps. the price is $3.00. 

However, when I click on "buy" and go to the next page, I was given 2 payment option, creditcard and paypal.

I don't have creditcard, just like most of other indonesian. Only upper-middleclass have it.. Many blackberry users are middle or even below-middle class.

So I choose paypal. Before that, I go to my paypal account to deposit, because it has zero-balance. then another problem arise.

FOr paypal, we can only deposit money by creditcard!! I don't know the exact reason, I tried to call paypal last night, but that waiting-music never ends for almost 10 minutes. Maybe because I don't speak fluent english. So I hung up.

So, what other option do we have?

As you might know, blackberry is so much popular in Indonesia. My brother, father, and mother, each have their own blackberry. Almost at least one member of each of my neighbour families have a blackberry user. But as far as I know they just download free apps because they think paying for priced-apps is too complicated.

I think you missed a big-profit for your business if this keep going. Even though some people say Indonesia a poor country. It's not really that poor. $3.00 isn't much for us. I mean we still can afford it.

But maybe I was wrong...is there another way for me to pay for that apps? thanks

Abi

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Indonesian can't buy blackberry apps!!

Hello abi,

I am Xandrex, from Paris, France.

1) Indonesia is one of the country that RIM cares a lot about. RIM has recently organized parties in Indonesia, with plenty of pretty BlackBerry girls, I'm still waiting for such an event in France !

You are currently writing on the English BlackBerry Support Community Forums, but I advise you to go to the Indonesian forum, here:

http://forumdukungan.blackberry.com/

2) you can see the requirements for the PayPal account in this article from the public knowledge base. For example you see that your PayPal account must be in USD and not in Indonesian Rupiah if you want to be able to use your PayPal account without a VISA card.

KB25368 Supported payment types for use with BlackBerry products and services

3) As far as I know, for AppWorld, you can use any VISA card, not specifically a credit card one. So if you have a VISA debit card, it should also work.

4) PayPal allows you to store money (here, in USD :smileywink: ). You can add funds to your Paypal account through:

• another Paypal account
  • a money transfer using a VISA card
  • a money transfer using a wire transfer from your bank account

so I suggest you try option 3 (bank account).

5) If you fear to miss some subtilities and details in English, you can of course go to the Indonesian Paypal website. The help section is very detailed (once you are logged in), and the PayPal support by email is always very fast to reply (less than 24h).

https://www.paypal.com/id/webapps/mpp/home?locale.x=id_ID

6) AppWorld allows another payment method, called "carrier billing". I think it suits perfectly "below-middle" classes.

The list of carriers that support this feature can be read here:

KB25147 Requirements to use billing through a wireless service provider when purchasing applications from BlackBerry App World

as you can see, Indosat already supports carrier billing. You can contact your carrier and ask them when they will finalize the contract with RIM to provide their subscribers the carrier billing method.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.