Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Kristato
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Installing Both Versions of Tetris by EA?

Hello :smileyvery-happy:

I recently purchased both versions of Tetris by EA ("Tetris" and "Tetris - New"). However, whenever I have one installed and then I install the other, after the reboot required the first one has been uninstalled. I've also tried setting the application permissions for each of them while installed so they can't interact with other apps, but that didn't help.

I was just wondering why this is happening, and if there's any way for me to have both games installed at once? They have different features and playing styles, so it'd be able to have both without having to reinstall the other every time I want to play it.

Thank you. :smileyhappy: and sorry if I'm just being a nub, or if this is in the wrong section. 

P.S. I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 with 7.1 installed, if that makes any difference. 

THANKS.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Installing Both Versions of Tetris by EA?

Hello Kristato and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your game.

To clarify, these are two separate games you purchased? 

Do you get any errors when you go to install the version that is showing uninstalled? 

If you were to wait to reboot until both versions were installed do they both remain? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kristato
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Hello ^^ thank you for the reply.

Yes, they're two different games. I paid for each of them, and they show up as two separate in App World. It doesn't say they're incompatable or anything, so I wasn't worried about it.

No, I don't get any errors. It's just like.. I'll have one installed, and then install the other, and then the first gets uninstalled. It all happens by itself, and I'm not given any notifications or anything.

And I tried installing both and then rebooting.. But like I said, as soon as I install the second, the first is uninstalled (even before the reboot). Even if I uninstall both and then try to do both this happens.

Thank you again~ I'm sorry this is being so stubborn.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hmm, quite interesting.

Since these apps are from the same vendor, it's recommended you contact them to investigate this issue. It might be a compatibility issue with both the apps. 

To find the contact info see http://bbry.lv/pFAoB7

Cheers :smileyhappy:

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.