Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Contactdeepesh
My Device: 8520

Invalid BB username

I have been using my blackberry for last 2 years but this is the first time I not able to login through blackberry I'd . I have tried umpteen number of times at different points of time. It is not recognising my BB username (email address) when I try to verify username. It says username is invalid. I have tried using username and password simultaneously as we'll to login but I get following message - username and password doesn't correspond to valid blackberry I'd. But same username and password are working when I am logging through desktop (website - blackberry.com). I have been struggling for past 2 days....please help. I am not able to download or update any applications and that's why some of the applications I am not able to use.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Invalid BB username

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please review these KBs to see if perhaps something there is useful:

• KB28684 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username
  • KB34137 How to confirm a BlackBerry ID account

When attempting to use your credentials on the BB, please ensure that you are not attempting to change the currently associated BB ID that is on the device...doing that requires a device WIPE (though the error messages you reported don't seem to indicate this being causal...but just in case).

Also please triple check both the ID and the password you use on the device...with the small BB keyboard, entering certain characters can be tricky (alt, caps, num, etc.), and they must be exact.

Also, please confirm the exact and complete error message(s)...I suspect there are inaccuracies in what you reported (e.g., you reported "i'd" when I suspect it's supposed to be "ID"), and exactness is essential to understanding your situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Contactdeepesh
My Device: 8520

Re: Invalid BB username

It got rectified automatically after few more trials.

Anyways, thanks for your reply and help!!