Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
EddieO
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Is the BlackBerry App World on dialup?

I mean really! For example when I want to browse the various sections on my 8330, I can't view the entire category. It gets slower and slower and slower. So slow I get to the point where I give up and just play(and pay) games on my ipod touch. 
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Is the BlackBerry App World on dialup?

Which version of the Apps world you'er using? The new one is 1.0.0.30. You can check it from Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> BlackBerry App World.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
EddieO

Thanks for your reply tanzim! I am running 1.0.0.29.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to upgrade it. :smileymad:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

To upgrage, just re-acquire the package from the download site and it'll bring you the current version:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_download

You will still notice that, the first time you go into a particular category, it will be slow -- it has to download everything about every item in that category, which can take a while for the large categories. Just wait through it and then the next time you enter that category, all of the information will be cached and it will then load faster.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
EddieO

Wow, what a difference! 10.0.0.30 is much better than .29.

Thank you tanzim and sdgardne for your help!

EddieO

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code