Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jhalim12
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Kept asking to upgrade Blackberry world despite numerous attempts

Getting the following error when going to Blackberry App World:

To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version.

However, I have tried to upgrade it numerous times (with taking battery off for a few times too), and when it tried to upgrade it, it always says the current version is the same as the previous version, getting this message:

"Application "BlackBerry App World" already exists. Replace version 4.3.0.32 with version 4.3.0.32"

How do i make it work?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Kept asking to upgrade Blackberry world despite numerous attempts

Hello jhalim12

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try this :

• On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry App world from that list .

• Reboot your device by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back.

I hope it will help.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
jhalim12

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your 3 steps, and on last step, it doesn't give me the option to choose my device model, it automatically goes and download version 4.3.0.32. Upgrade completes, and after reboot (ie: removing Battery while device was on) it didn't seem to fix the issue.

Getting the exact same error, ie: after opening BlackBerry Apps World, it asked me to Upgrade again.

Any other tips and tricks?

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

If you use the above link it will automatically install the most recent version for your device . Regarding same error message even after having the most recent version , Can you say what OS version is installed in your device , to know that Homescreen > Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

Also On your Device Homescreen Go to Options > Third party applications > BlackBerry ID > On that screen Press the menu key > Check for Update ., to be sure you have the recent BlackBerry ID software . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
jhalim12

[ Edited ]

OS version is 5.0.0.321.

A bit more info:

- When i go to Options --> Applications --> Add-On: There is still the old version of BlackBerry App world: 2.0.1.12, and when i tried to delete it, it says: "Unable to remove BlackBerry App World. It is required by IT policy application control."

Does it mean i have to contact my BES admin to allow upgrade to the later version?

Elite II
prince2012

jhalim12 wrote:

Does it mean i have to contact my BES admin to allow upgrade to the later version?

Hello jhalim12

Yes . If you are connected to a corporate enterprise BES account then everything is controlled by your BES admin. you have to contact them for further help . Those above steps will not help any BES user .

Contact them they will resolve this issue .

New Contributor
jhalim12

Thanks for all your help.

Elite II
prince2012

Hey jhalim12

You are most welcome...!

Cheers !

kdhanani
My Device: Bold 9930

i am having the same problem with trying to upgrade to the latest version of appworld.  i have successfully uninstalled the old version, but does not finish downloading the new one.  it ends with error.  I have removed the battery several times and tried.

Please help.

Elite II
prince2012

kdhanani wrote:

i am having the same problem with trying to upgrade to the latest version of appworld.  i have successfully uninstalled the old version, but does not finish downloading the new one.  it ends with error.  I have removed the battery several times and tried.

Hello kdhanani

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What error you are recieving while downloading BlackBerry App World ? Have you tried the above link to download using your BlackBerry browser ?