Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
kriscelkimijima
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: globe

Lost BB App World

I bought my bb torch 9800 6 days ago. A day after I bought this, a message pops up saying that I can upgrade the version of my app world, I did what the message tells me to do. After I have downloaded everything, another message pops up saying to complete the download I should reboot my bb. I did it also. After the reboot, my app world has lost. Not present in my menu. Been tried to download it again using the browser, still no app world. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost BB App World

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Llubin3
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Good morning, I have went to the page you were referening to & followed every resolution on the screen & still nothing at all.  I even replaced my phone 3 times still the same thing.  I have been with Blackberry for years but I think its time to give it up.  Getting to many error messages when BB app world was working but none of the apps downloaded did not work.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

If you have elected to abandon BB, then resolution is moot, is it not? But, if you elect to remain on BB, then search these forums for similar topics...there are several threads with links to falling back to a prior AW version if that is required. Sorry, I don't have any links...you'll need to search.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Llubin3

Good morning sdgardne, thanks for the reponse. I have thoroughly went to everything forum last night. I stayed up til 3:30a looking for an answer but nothing. I like my BB, I don't want to give it up so I will keep searching for an answer. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That's odd...for most, my recollection is that falling back (as instructed in the KB above) to AppWorld v4.0.0.55 is a useful cure. I assume you've done all the usual "digging" for the icon -- looking in all homescreen folders (downloads, apps, etc.) as well as ensuring that "Show All" is active (in case the icon is hidden)?

Further, have you validated that AW is actually installed properly and it's just the icon that is missing? You can check that via this:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Earlier, you mentioned "Getting to many error messages when BB app world was working"...those may be helpful in your quest...you should search for the exact and complete content of those error messages in the public KBs. That as well may provide something useful. You also can post those exact error messages and perhaps we might have some familiarity with them.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

You can also vary that above sequence by replacing the current AW version with 4.0.0.55 from the first KB above.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Llubin3

Hey thanks again for the suggestion but unfortunately, it did not work.

I will keep searching for a solution. Bye
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobz786
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

follow this link and download bb app world from here (it helped me!)

rroyy.com/apps/

scroll down until you see bb app world!

p.s. like if this works

Please use plain text.