Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
wezard
My Device: Not Specified

MS Explorer?

Am I the only one that has a problem with RIM requireing the use of Internet Explorer to even look at App World, or do much of anything on their site? Even the spell checker here on the forums tells me it will not support my browser. Explorer is the worst, least secure browser available, yet they have build their site around it, ignoring (along with Microsoft) all standards. 

DO NOT tell me that I can use the Bold, the tiny screen and keyboard are only for when a real screen / keyboard are unavailable and it has to be done now.

Contributor
OD_Jonno
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8130

Re: MS Explorer?

Nobody's forcing you to use IE on other sites.. But I agree, making IE the only accepted web browser is kinda dumb..
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: MS Explorer?

[ Edited ]
The only webpages that require Internet Explorer are:
  • the page to do a web OS upgrade on your device
  • the page to do a web install of the AppWorld on your device
and that can be understandable since that page requires evolved features that can be accessed only by ActiveX or Java applets.

I suggest you to install the AppWorld by using the browser of your device. Anyway the AppWorld is a device application, you cannot use it on your computer.

Apart from that I am unaware of any page on blackberry.com requiring Internet Explorer. I only use Mozilla Firefox.

About the spellchecker : what are you talking about?
Message Edited by Xandrex on 04-12-2009 07:46 PM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: