Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
txsoldat
My Device: Not Specified

Mac Heads... Did you forget about us??

What about us Mac Heads?? MS does not support Explorer for Mac anymore, so what now?? I am not secure in browsing from the win side of my intel mac.

It is bad enough we must rely on a 3rd party such as Pocket Mac (Good thing for these guys!!) but not to disallow us to access such an important feature as this site??

BTW, I switched from my BB to an iPhone, I like it, however, not as good for business needs, so I have a new BB for me tomorrow, sad to say, I will not be able to use this site!!

Perhaps I should cancel my new BB and stick with the iPhone??
TX, USA.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Mac Heads... Did you forget about us??

Hello,

why do you think you need Internet Explorer to install the AppWorld? you can do that OTA.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
SBrentnall
My Device: Not Specified

Xandrex wrote:
Hello,

why do you think you need Internet Explorer to install the AppWorld? you can do that OTA.
Umm, maybe it was this message when you try and download?

BlackBerry App World
Notice

This web page uses ActiveX controls that work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To ensure that BlackBerry App World is correctly downloaded to your BlackBerry, this site is not designed to work with any other Internet browsers. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, you may be able to download the software directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I know. What I am trying to say is that message only appear when you try and install the App World from a desktop computer.

Use your device browser, and go to the same page, and the installation will be a click ahead without requiring any computer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: