Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
sajain446
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

Memory not left

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300. When I go to app world and check the available memory it only shows me 17 MB which is already very low and troubles me when browsing. Please let me know where this memory(my inbuilt memroy which I suppose is 256 MB in total) is being used and how can I free the memory some more. I do not need BBM maps and twitter etc as well.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

Re: Memory not left

For starters you can delete the apps you don't need, this is easily done from App World.

Also you can hit Alt+LGLG from the main screen then some sort of log pops up. Hit the BB button and choose clear log. This also takes away a lot!

And while in the App World you can try Alt+RST to clear the App World cache.

There is a couple of more things, like the built in memory cleaner, and the browsers cache etc, but if you start with this it should help a lot!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sajain446
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

But if my phone has 256 MB inbuilt space why do I have only 20 MB free space which deminishes after 2 or 3 days....where does the remaining space is going and if it is internal applications then how could I delete and get more space?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

I don't really know, and what little I know is a bit hard for me to explain in english. I think it has something to with flash memory or something. Are you using the web browser a lot?
If you want to delete an app just do it from my world in app world. Choose one you don't need or like and delete.

But maybe this is more helpful:
Try taking out the battery while your phone is turned ON(!), wait a minute or so and put it back in.
Check your memory again!
Please use plain text.