Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Lheajane
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom
Accepted Solution

Message: App World Web Plugin Error An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.

This has been my problem ever since. I haven't downloaded any app yet via computer. Help me guys.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Message: App World Web Plugin Error An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.

Hi Lhea

Welcome to the Community

If you're using a Chrome or Firefox, I suggest you use Internet explorer for the meantime, once the plugin has been intalled on the browser, since Chrome and Internet explorer almost share the same settings, it should work well with Chrome after it.

Please leave a post if you have any further questions.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
embie
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105

Re: Message: App World Web Plugin Error An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again.

Hi. I also have the same issue. I used IE but it still wont work. thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Please make sure your browsers are up to date
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
embie
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105

Thanks for this response but my browser is updated. What else can I do? I just want to download apps. By the way, my unit is pearl 9105 and it's pre owned.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Gerry50
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Netone

Please help I'm also having the same problem.  I have tried using Chrome, Ie and Firefox but have had no success.  I have App World 1.1.0.35 and just upgraded that to 3.1.2.32 bust still no joy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DaDDyy
My Device: Bold 9700 - Curve 8520 - Bold 990 - z10
My Carrier: rogers

i have the same ...... somone help  plz

iam going to get crazy without apps

Please use plain text.
ma0026939
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Same error message i am getting when i try to download the app from BB site to my mobile through computer...no solution i found on BB forurm

Please use plain text.
adhamyahya
My Device: non-blackberry user
My Carrier: mobily

hi there,
i'm not sure if your problem was solved or not, however, i have faced same problem when i upgraded my friend's pre-used 9800 bb..
to be honest it took a while from to figure it out.

the solution will be as follow :
1- download BBDM to upgrade your devise soft wear.
2- after upgrading your devise, select application option at BBDM while your devise is connected so that THE PROGRAM WILL list all application installed on your devise and BB app world is one of them.
3- uninstall BB app world and then click on apply, wait until your devise's application are updated. you will notice that BB app world application is no longer their.
4- complete what you have started before this error message show up to you.

i hope this usefull to you and / or to anyone who face the same problem.

you can contact me for farther support.

best regards,
adham yahya
Please use plain text.