Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Visitor
bernicky
My Device: Playbook and Curve
My Carrier: Koodo

Might just be me but App developers should reveal hidden terms

It would really be appreciated if Apps in BlackBerry World would identify whether or not they require that you consent to sending the App developer information over the Internet in order to use the application. I don't mind paying $5.00 for a game or other App but I don't like that in order to use a purchased App I _must_ consent to the developer gathering information about my App/BlackBerry use as part of the purchase price but only telling me that after I have parted with my money. Tell me before hand and I will make my decision on whether or not to purchase the App without feeling like I have been hornswoggled.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Might just be me but App developers should reveal hidden terms

Makes sense. You could try contacting the developer, to sort things out, or ask for a refund if you are really that unhappy.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
karthikpalanivelu
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

I think it's the responsibility of BlackBerry World to display all the necessary info to the user before purchasing or downloading an app. It's high time for BlackBerry to look at other app markets such as Google Play Store and apple App Store.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

karthikpalanivelu wrote:
I think it's the responsibility of BlackBerry World to display all the necessary info to the user before purchasing or downloading an app. It's high time for BlackBerry to look at other app markets such as Google Play Store and apple App Store.

This will not solve the problem. But it would be easy for me to make an application that uses the internet (like a lot of them do), and then push the personal information to my webserver. It would be more user friendly if it would be mentioned that personal information will be collected, certainly when it is a paid application. That's my opinion, and I always try to obey this rule when I make applications myself :-)

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
karthikpalanivelu
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

That's what I said. The developers mention the permissions needed in BAR descriptor file. BlackBerry should display that info on BlackBerry world.
Please use plain text.