Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
MBLovesBB
My Device: Not Specified

Mobile Prospector will not delete, only archive

I have searched and searched these message boards and cannot find an answer anywhere. I downloaded Mobile Prospector from BB AppWorld and now I simply do not want it anymore. I have tried to delete it multiple times from BB AppWorld, the device itself and the desktop manager. No matter what I do, it will only archive the application. It will not delete. I don't want this application at all...EVER. How to I get rid of it and the archive?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Mobile Prospector will not delete, only archive

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

What I have done is first delete it on the BB

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight > BBKey > delete

which resulted in the app showing as archived. Then I went into AppWorld > MyWorld and highlighted the app, then BBKey > Delete wiped it out for good.

Hopefully that'll work for you!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MBLovesBB

Thanks for the response! I had done that (more than once) and it did not work. I did get it removed using JLCommander, but I don't think it should have to be that hard! I wonder if it is just that app or if all of them do that.
Please use plain text.
HeyDude615

Mobile Prospector will not delete, only archive

It worked perfectly! Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Leezil

Hi, I am having a similar problem with my Curve 8900 and would like to try the suggestion above.... but i have a question - where is the 'options' menu on the home screen??! i can't find it anywhere - help please?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Leezil

Sorry - have found it!

so when i did what was suggested, the app i wanted to delete wasn't there (it's the Weather Channel App) - but it still shows up in my downloads folder with a green arrow in the corner (archived?) unless I select to 'hide' it.  Where has it been archived to? how can i get rid of it for good?

Please use plain text.
stillani4u05
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: tmobile

I tried deleting too but it didn't work! Can u tell me wat is a JLCOMMANDER?????
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Leezil wrote:

Sorry - have found it!

so when i did what was suggested, the app i wanted to delete wasn't there (it's the Weather Channel App) - but it still shows up in my downloads folder with a green arrow in the corner (archived?) unless I select to 'hide' it.  Where has it been archived to? how can i get rid of it for good?

As I discussed above, it is a two step process. First via the device application list, then via AppWorld/MyWorld. From what you describe, it sounds like you've done the first part (resulting in the icon showing archived). Now you need to do the second part.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

stillani4u05 wrote:
I tried deleting too but it didn't work! Can u tell me wat is a JLCOMMANDER?????

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

As discussed above, did you do both steps? What, exactly, did you try and what, exactly, happened? Sorry, but "it didn't work" tells us nothing -- details are needed from you since 100% of our information about your situation comes from your posted data.

BTW -- Let's see if we can get you taken care of without the use of JL_CMDER.

Cheers.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

After experiencing a similar issue with some of my 'try it' apps, I've had success by reinstalling the archived app and then deleting it... perhaps you may want to give that a whirl!

cheers,

peace and love
Please use plain text.