Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

More "trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server"

I've read and searched through the forums and KB but haven't found the solution to my problem so as a last resort I'm posting here.

My info:

Located in the central US.

Sprint (Everything Unlimited Plan)

8330m Curve

v4.5.0.131

BIS

Blackberry App World 1.1.0.11

If it matters I DO NOT have a paypall account.

My problem:

After downloading App World today (7/31/2009), installing it and performing multiple restarts including performing a couple of battery pulls I am getting an error when I launch BB App World.  The error states "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server.  Verify your network connections and try again."

Thank you in advance for your help.

New Contributor

Re: More "trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server"

Im having the same issue! just upgraded from the old version of appworld today and never had the problem with the old one. Im have a sprint 8330 with BIS and an unlimited data plan. I do have a Pay Pal account which i have used on the previous version without an issue.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

same problem here. upgraded my working appworld to the new one and am now getting the same message.

Northeast US

US Cellular

8330 Curve (ESN version)

v4.5.0.160

BIS

Blackberry App World 1.1.0.11

Message Edited by tnksboy on 07-31-2009 02:54 PM
Contributor

Sounds like we all need a download location for the old version of App World!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Or, perhaps another theory -- with the new release of AppWorld and it's purported performance boost, RIM's deployment servers may simply not be adequate to the volume of simultaneous requests they are receiving (we all wanted a performance boost!). Hopefully this is true and, therefore, the symptom is only temporary while we all catch up and get it installed. Yes, they could have beefed up the infrastructure -- but it's a tough decision to say how much is enough. Clearly, if this theory is true, then what is there now is not enough...but there's little to be done about it now (at least not quickly). So I guess I'm encouraging patience... But, I can tell you that RIM folks are aware of the issue...and looking to see if there's anything to be done.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

From the posts on this thread it looks like its a problem with the 8330.
Contributor

Thanks for the response sdgardne!  Hopefully it will be something relatively simple like capacity on the servers during the release.
New Contributor

mine works now so sdgardne was apparently correct.
New Contributor

Re: Re: More "trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server"

Good for you tnksboy! Mine still isn't. :smileysad:
Contributor

Re: Re: More "trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server"

Mine isn't either.  I don't know if it matters but I get that error very quickly after I launch the app.  It isn't like it sits out there trying to connect for any length of time.  I've even tried it with the browser up and running. 

Not that it should matter either but I have a Sprint/Nextel tower on my office building so I have a good 3G signal at -80 db.