Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Contributor
JJESSON
My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Movies Purchased from BlackBerry World

I have purchased a movie on my BlackBerry Z10 that I want to watch on my PlayBook. There is  an option to share the movie but I don't seem able to "port" it over. Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Movies Purchased from BlackBerry World

Hey JJESSON,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Due to licensing restrictions the movie can only be watched on the BlackBerry smartphone/tablet that it was purchased on.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JJESSON

Let me say first of all that I am a huge BlackBerry fan, who happens to live in Waterloo, Ontario. On this issue I don't understand BB's direction. I have a "Video Store" app  on my PlayBook but can't access movies because I am outside the US. The option of buying movies and copying them to the PlayBook isn't much fun if the original disks have DRM protection. So one of the things that I truly struggle with is getting movies onto my PlayBook so that I can watch them traveling (on a plane). So now BB has upgraded BlackBerry World and has what a appears to be a decent selection of movies for my Z10 but the problem here is I would never think of watching a movie on the Z10 because of the screen size. Is it possible that I could get a micro HDMI cable and play the movie on the Z10 and watch it on the PlayBook? Just saying it sounds like a convoluted work around. Maybe its me and I am missing something.

Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Both of the HDMI ports are outputs - connecting them via HDMI cable like this isn't feasible.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JJESSON

Thanks for the info. What do the smart people do if they want to watch a movie on their PlayBook to kill time on an airplane. Will this be available in a future software update.
Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bvarun1991
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: vodafone

Please make use of any of the HDMI port's....That will hep you!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GiggleGoddess
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

This is utterly ridiculous!!!  Why tell us we can download on up to FIVE devices if we can only use it on a Blackberry device?!  Once we purchase it we should have access to download it onto all of our devices (not just Blackberry).  We are PAYING MONEY FOR IT, SO IT'S LEGALLY OURS!  Why spend $20 for something we can only watch from ONE DEVICE.  Who has FIVE BlackBerry devices?!  I only fell into this trap with the 99cent winter sale going on.  But BB is NEVER going to get me to pay full price for something I can't watch from my laptop.  Blackberry you are sorely missing out on business if you think this is how you can treat customers and "selling" media.  Jeez...epic fail!   

If anyone has a work around of any kind I'm all ears!  Thanks!

Please use plain text.