Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Multiple Appworld Issues

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been trying to deal with these issues over weeks without success. Please help...anyone...

Issues:

1) Phone does not connect to AppWorld via WiFi, indicating signal not strong enough. I have AT&T U-verse and the signal is plenty strong. This is the ONLY WiFi app I have problems with on the phone.

2) Desktop Software (latest as of 12/4/2010) errors when starting with the following extremely descriptive error - Blackberry Software Has Stopped Working - ...that's it, that's all it says.

3) App World 2.0 keeps telling me that my radio is not on, when I am supposed to be able to interface via USB cable.

4) Behavior is same for Desktop and laptop PCs.

Note the following measures have been taken:

a) Several instances of uninstalling, reinstalling and battery pulls on Blackbery (Bold 9000, if relevant).

b) Complete uninstall and reinstall of Desktop software. (also, several times)

c) Rebooted PC several times.

d) I would like to reinstall the browser plug-ins IF I could find where I can find where to download them.

To further complicate things, I have several apps that need to be updated and I have no way to do it. I also have no way of checking for OS updates. To try another App World ID would prohibit me from updating any current apps.

Any and all suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jake