Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry App World Is Not Working!

Sorry, but I cannot find those words in any reference materials. As I said, exact and complete error messages are the only way that helpful advice can be given...what you've replied with does not, I think, quite meet that criteria. Nevertheless, here are some guesses for you:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

You can also search the public KBs for the specific error message you receive:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
lua
New Contributor
lua
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi!

Can someone please help, my app world doesn't want to work. I have registered an id but app world says: an error has occured, please try again later, when I try to log in. This has been going on for almost two weeks now. Any advice?

Tnx ",
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lua wrote:
Hi!

Can someone please help, my app world doesn't want to work. I have registered an id but app world says: an error has occured, please try again later, when I try to log in. This has been going on for almost two weeks now. Any advice?

Tnx ",

Hi and Welcome to the Community -- and apologies for the delay.

There are truly tons of posts and threads here on this site discussing that exact error...rather than trying to re-do what has already been done, I recommend you search this site for that error message, and then carefully read through all the results to hopefully find a solution that works for you.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
lua
New Contributor
lua

I have tried all the advice given that I can found but still nothing is working. Maybe its a problem with my phone?
Tnx!
Please use plain text.
lua
New Contributor
lua

I have tried all the advice given that I can find but still nothing is working. Maybe its a problem with my phone?
Tnx!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lua wrote:
I have tried all the advice given that I can find but still nothing is working.

"All"? Really? Given the quantity of posts on this site on that topic, I find it challenging to believe that you have actually done so in such a short amount of time...truly, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of posts on that specific error message... But, I will take you at your word and trust that you indeed have tried all of those thousands of different recommendations.

But -- with the multiple possible things to try, it is further important to understand the specific outcome of each attempt...and often the outcome of each step of each attempt...such information can often provide clues that would guide us to a better result. But, lacking any details from you, it's impossible to guess.

In any event, even though I am now duplicating what is already posted elsewhere, have you read and attempted what is recommended in this KB?

• KB25882 "An error has occurred. Please try again later" is displayed when the user attempts to login to BlackBerry App World

lua wrote:
Maybe its a problem with my phone?

As for that, the answer is of course "yes"...it might be a problem with your BB. It might also be something else. But, back to that detail thing...not having more information prevents actually diagnosing the problem, especially at this internet-distance. If you can provide more details (e.g., the exact things you have already attempted along with the specific results of each step of each resolution attempt).

In the meantime, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Sometimes, that can cure some types of corruption that may exist.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
lua
New Contributor
lua

Problem found, the clock update should be in automatic and not manual. Tnx for the help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

lua wrote:

Problem found, the clock update should be in automatic and not manual. Tnx for the help :smileyhappy:

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, so to make sure I understand, you have removed FB from your BB and, via AppWorld, are attempting to reinstall FB, still via AppWorld on your device (as opposed to via PC/Browser and USB tether)? Where, exactly, in the steps you try does the error message appear? And what is the full and complete content of the error message? That code you have provided is typically a FaceBook error code rather than an AppWorld error code.

Please clarify.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.