Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My World Missing Apps

I have a Bold on ATT. I am currently running OS 4.6.0.247 and App World ver 1.0.0.28. I have BIS

My current problem is that some of the paid apps in My World have disappeared. I have attempted to login with my PayPal account multiple times but this does not remedy the problem. When I attempt to login, I get a message stating that App World was unable to generate a key for one of my applications. Does anyone know if App World stops searching for more applications after it encounters this error? I'm only missing a handful of applications, and could probably live without them or just purchase them again, but I have come to expect better from RIM. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Re: My World Missing Apps

Hi,

Can you try uninstalling App World by performing the following:

1. From the Homescreen on the BlackBerry click Options > Advanced Options > Applications.

2. Highlight the App World and press the menu button the click on delete. The device may reboot.

Try downloading App World again and then log into App World and see if this populates for you.

New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion. I went ahead and tried uninstalling and reinstalling App World, but that has not solved my problem. I'd greatly appreciate any further support you can provide. If nothing else though, I'm glad that BlackBerry is now at least aware that a potential problem exists. Thanks again.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Thanks for the response.

We will update you with new information once it is available.

New Contributor

BB Storm 9530 Verizon, OS 4.7.0.75, AppWorld 1.0.0.28.

I have the same problem.  I purchased a new app today, and after downloading and installing I saw that this newly purchased app was the only app in MyWorld.  The previous apps I had purchased/installed were missing.  I tried deleting/re-installing and still no joy.

New Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem with my Storm 9530. So far, nothing has worked. I would like to remove some of these programs but until My World is fixed I can't unless I want to pay for them again, if I ever choose to reinstall.
New Contributor

Same problem here.  Uninstalled apps do not show up in My World after upgrading the OS or the App World.  I was under the impression that My World was supposed to act as "the cloud" as a work around to the limited amount of apps that can be installed on the device.  This does not appear to be the case?

Mike Kirkup thinks it is supposed to work as "the cloud"...

Link to quote

"BlackBerry owners who employ the new App Storefront will have the benefit of “the cloud” for additional app storage, as well, Kirkup says. Users who employ the on-device BlackBerry Application Storefront will be able to download any and all free applications that can fit on their devices at any time without creating a store account or logging in. But you’ll need to have an App Storefront login, tied to a PayPal account, to purchase commercial apps.

Once you purchase an application, you can choose to delete it whenever you please, directly from your handheld, say to free up space if necessary. But that application will also be available for over-the-air download again in the future, free of charge, after you log in to your account again."

New Contributor

Guys to get back the apps you purchased in myworld. In app world click on my world press the blackberry button and then login enter your information and the your apps should show up. Good luck
New Contributor

Logging in should retrieve those applications but the problem we're experiencing here is that it isn't....
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
i'm sorry didnt realize. App world is so unstable i cant believe this. Very unhappy with this application.
Message Edited by njsimons13 on 04-19-2009 11:01 PM