Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
JoeFray
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
Accepted Solution

My smartphone is associated with an unknown ID !

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I got a Blackberry smartphone few weeks ago (Pearl
3G 9105), I bought it used. My wireless network provider is new and provide
BIS for few days. Before he makes it available, I had created an
Blackberry ID on the website and I was able to download apps from the
App World. But I deleted my ID because I was waiting for
http://free.blackberry.com allows me to create an ID and to provide
access to the BIS. Then, my provider (Free Mobile, the french new
provider) provide BIS access so I can use BMM but I can't create an ID
from http://free.blackberry.com . Morever, I have created a Blackberry
ID on Blackberry website but I can't access to the App World anymore. The device display "enter the user name associated with this smartphone".

I can't get this ID because I got the smartphone used in a shop. Could RIM erase this association and where to ask ?

Thanks for helping.

New Contributor
JoeFray

Re: My smartphone is associated with an unknown ID !

UP !

I need to fix this issue !

I need to erase/delete/reset the association !

New Contributor
Vegiepie
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi there

Same problem for me as well.  Re-registered (as I did not have original registration email to delete the old unknown username and password), but now with the new registion details it comes up with "Enter the username associated with this smartphone".   

I have gone to the mobile phone Blackberry ID page, but cannot seem to change anything there either as it takes me straight to the login page.  And of course I get the same message again.

HELP!

New Contributor
debbie1976
My Device: curve 8520

I want to restore the software on my blackberry curve 8520 to the factory settings
Visitor
samiard
My Device: BB bold 9780

hello, I have the same problem

I bought a BB bold 8780 from a friend. All system was OK even App World until i use a new BB Id  and try to change the BB Id inside the phone.

Now AppWorld doesn't work because the phone lose the link between the phone and the new Id. So i have a BB Id like you can see in the first picture but i lose the Id App world like tou can see in the second picture.

Is there any solution unless erase all the data in the phone ?

Thans you for all

stephane

New Contributor
JoeFray

I fixed this issues !

To do it you have to go the application management option, then look for Blackberry Identity and delete it !

Therefore, launch App world and it will ask for download a missing something. Accept it and reboot each time your terminal ask for.

Enjoy.

New Contributor
Vegiepie
My Device: Bold 9700

Whoohoo for JoeFray!

Took me a few minutes to find the right folder, but here is the details rundown on how it worked for me:

1. Press the BB button

2. Select "Options" from the menu

3. Select " Applications" from the menu - a new screen should appear

4. Make sure to change the button option in the top right hand corner from "third-party" to "Add-ons"

5. A list will appear with BlackBerry Identity in it - select this option

6. Press the DELETE button - it will as you if you are sure you want to delete - select YES

7. You will be advised that the device needs to be restarted for the change to take effect and asks if you and to restart now - if you are ready, select "yes"

8. Your device will now be restarted

-------

9. Once restarted, go to your BlackBerry App World icon and select the "My World" button

10. The following message will appear " A BlackBerry Identity update is needed.  Would you like to install it now?"  Select "Yes" - the device will take some time to download/install the updated ID

11.  When downloaded this message will appear "A restart is required for changed to take effect" - select "Restart Now"

12. The device will display "resetting now" for a couple of seconds and will then reboot.

-------

13. Once rebooted, go back to your BlackBerry App World icon and select the "My World" button

14. It will give you the BlackBerry ID sign in page with a blank ID username field - enter your new username and password

15. A new screen will appear telling you that "Your BlackBerry ID will be associated with this smartphone. Your Internet email accounts, as well as some apps and services will be automatically be transferred. In some cases, email won't be sent to your previous smartphone anymore".   Select Continue

16. The standard BB agreement page will appear - scroll down and select I Accept

Hey presto - back in business!

Thanks again JoeFray - too many ppl with the same problem on this forum and no real solution until today.  YAY!

New Contributor
JoeFray

with OS6 : Search "Application Management" and skip the 4 first steps !

good to know : the attempt count is reseted after following this tutorial.

you are welcome Vegiepie and thank you for the details.

New Contributor
marchesigirl
My Device: Torch

I'm trying to do this but I can't seem to find step3. I'm using a torch. Please advise urgently
jacquicm
My Device: Curve 9360

I have the Curve 9360... can you guide me because your instructions do not match what I have on my phone. OS 7.