Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

rhondamckay
My Device: 9360

Re: My smartphone is associated with an unknown ID !

have you been able to get problem sorted on your 9360 - i have same problem but am not getting anywhere with getting it fixed

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

For those who are having trouble with step 3.

Use the search on your phones home screen to look for "Application Management".

Options will come up, click options and within options you'll see applicatin management.

Then proceed to step 5.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360 Apollo

I'm also using a BlackBerry Curve 9360 Apollo, and i can't find the option when pressing the BB button (step 2). I pressed it on the application management and when i pressed the BB button, the only thing that appears is screen grabber, now playing..., switch application, modules, edit default permissions, help and close. Maybe i didn't press the BB button in the right place, i've pressed it on the application management so, sorry if i'm wrong! I'm new in blackberry 7.

New Contributor
Evamojela
My Device: Blackberry 8520

I`m having the same problem, i bought a Blackberry 8520 from someone who forgot her Blackberry ID Password....I followed the steps and i maneged to delete her Blackberry ID but I`m unable to complete the steps, after downloading Blackberry ID from step 10 of solving the problem i get this respond  " BLACKBERRY IDENTITY INSTALLATION FAILED PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER. (80003)" I tried more than 100 times please help.........Someone out there please help me Worse part is i keep on getting her personal e-mail messages how do i cancel her e-mail and put mine for good.... Please people help me.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Evamojela wrote:

I`m having the same problem, i bought a Blackberry 8520 from someone who forgot her Blackberry ID Password....I followed the steps and i maneged to delete her Blackberry ID but I`m unable to complete the steps, after downloading Blackberry ID from step 10 of solving the problem i get this respond  " BLACKBERRY IDENTITY INSTALLATION FAILED PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER. (80003)" I tried more than 100 times please help.........Someone out there please help me Worse part is i keep on getting her personal e-mail messages how do i cancel her e-mail and put mine for good.... Please people help me.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, you have much more problems than just the BB ID issue...please see this:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The Seller must complete the Seller steps...typically, the buyer cannot complete those steps as there are requirements for the service provider to do some things, and most carriers won't accept the request except from the actual account holder.

As for the BB ID error, see this:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

However, I recommend that, before you try anything further, you discuss with the seller getting her to perform the required seller steps (from above) that involve the carrier...then you should be able to complete the rest of the steps, and from then move on to the buyer steps (the seller steps must be completed first).

Doing all of that correctly will accomplish stopping her email from coming to the BB, as well as hopefully fully enabling this BB for your use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
missemmadingley
My Device: Blackberry 9360 (v7.0.0.530)

Have you managed to get a reesolution to the 9360 on  problem, I'm using v7.0.0.530  ?

Mine is repeatedly asking me to "enter user name associated with this smartphone?

Can anyone help please?!!!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

missemmadingley wrote:

Have you managed to get a reesolution to the 9360 on  problem, I'm using v7.0.0.530  ?

Mine is repeatedly asking me to "enter user name associated with this smartphone?

Can anyone help please?!!!!

Here is a KB that discusses that message:

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

If you do not know the credentials originally used to configure the BB ID onto that BB, then you must change them:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Evamojela
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Hello!!

I called My network service provider, they told me to resolve the matter i must 1.go to menu bar click 2.options 3.click security options 4.security wipe, select the data which you would like to wipe, bottom box write "blackberry" to cornfirm device wipe...dont remove the battery while it is busy wiping out...when it has completely wiped out everything it will ask for the phone to be restarted click restart now!!!    and that has worked for me i have  my own blackberry ID associated with my Smartphone, i no longer get e-mails from Biaca`s friends the lady i bought the blackberry from, now i can access my e-mail address send and receive my messages..Thank you to everyone out there who took part in helping me out...

Jhrsha002
My Device: Bold 9780

hi Please help me, I'm incurring similar probs. Tried the service provider a million times and even went to the store where I bought my phone. I found the application management option, but 'blackberry identity' isn't in the list.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Jhrsha002 wrote:
hi Please help me, I'm incurring similar probs. Tried the service provider a million times and even went to the store where I bought my phone. I found the application management option, but 'blackberry identity' isn't in the list.

"Similar" does not equal "identical", which precludes then from assuming that anything above actually applies to you. Hence, please read this thread and if you find things that directly apply to you, then try the resolutions listed. If you do not find anything that applies to you, then please state what your exact issues are.

Further, you say that the Identity app is not listed, but that has to do with only one of the problems discussed in this thread...so, again, we need to know exactly what your specific issues are (since you only said "similar") so that we can hope to guess as to what is the proper path to recommend to you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates