Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
mssphd
My Device: Not Specified

Need Help - App World/My World Maximum Number of Device PIN Changes

Hello,

I too have had multiple blackberries with significant issues that have needed to be exchanged for new units. Net result, like others, I can no longer access my previously downloaded apps through APP World because I keep getting the message that I have exhausted my number of device PIN changes. I need knowledgeable support here and the sooner the better.

Please DO NOT simply post the following message that I have seen posted countless times already:

"Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Be sure to also include the reason why you have exceeded your maximum allowable PIN associations to AppWorld (e.g., multiple RMA, warranty replacement, etc.). "

ALL THIS LINK DOES IS LEAD TO AN EVENTUAL MESSAGE THAT STATES THE ENTERED DEVICE PIN IS INVALID. THIS IS A RECURRING ISSUE FOR ALL AND YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THAT AND REMEDIATE ACCORDINGLY.

PLEASE HELP.

THANK YOU 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Need Help - App World/My World Maximum Number of Device PIN Changes

Hi and Welcome to the Forums,

Actually, that instruction set leads to the result you experienced...but only for some users, not all (as you seem to have decided). So please try to contain your blanket statements about this issue as, well, they simply are not accurate and we wouldn't want less experienced folks to be led astray, now would we.

As to the issue of your bad PIN, that indeed is a problem for many...myself included. But if you had dug a little deeper in your copious research, you would have discovered that there is a remedy for the bad PIN issue as well. Would you like to receive it? I hope you are nodding your head.

See your Private Messages on this forum for instructions....

And good luck to you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello @mssphd,

I don't have much to add, except that we are mere BlackBerry devices owners just like you, and we try to give support to anyone asking for support here. The process may not be perfect, sometimes we will ask the original poster to do something, knowing that there is a chance that it does not work. If that happens, sometimes we can propose another further step (in this case, the one included in the private message you have received from sdgardne).

Once again, this forum is not a professional helpdesk and it may take time, but eventually we always try to bring the original poster nearer from the resolution of the issue. So I would like people to stop writing in all caps, which is identical to directly yelling at our face. We are human beings, spending part of our leisure time to help people like you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
aseretis
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue.  Can you please send me the fix to my private messages as well?  Thanks. 
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aseretis wrote:
I am having the same issue.  Can you please send me the fix to my private messages as well?  Thanks. 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There are two issues floating around in this thread...can you clarify which is yours?

1) Max PIN Changes exceeded

2) Bad PIN response from the RIM support site

Thanks.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
bucatti
My Device: 9810

hi, i have the same issue with application world, when i try the process you advised it says "The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later". What can i do
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

bucatti wrote:
hi, i have the same issue with application world, when i try the process you advised it says "The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later". What can i do

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I refer you as well to post 5 in this thread...please indicate which of those two items results in the error message you indicate.

If your issue is item 1, then the prior resolution path in this very old thread has expired...rather, see this:

• KB25553 "There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)" is encountered when attempting to login to BlackBerry App World

If your issue is item 2, then that is made moot now by item 1.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.