Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jessnara
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Student

Need help how to change BBM ID.

Before this I have one BB curve 9380 which is using same email with my current BB. Now I already sold it to my friend. The problem is happend when I upgrade to the new BBM. When they ask to update BBM ID and when I insert my before email,it will go to my friend BBM where still using my own email(because she also don't know how to create new email ID for her BB). Can someone please help me?actually I still want to used my old email because this email connected to all apps that I purchase before. But I don't want my friend to use same email ID as mine. Please,need help here..
Thanks n regards,
Jess
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Need help how to change BBM ID.

Your friend will need to need to setup a new email and bbid.  I recommend you remove your email account from his phone.  http://forums.crackberry.com/native-apps-f152/cannot-delete-email-account-716366/

Setup email for your friend:

From the device go to blackberry.com/integrate
and see if you can setup a new email account from there.

or your friend can setup an email account (yahoo / gmail / hotmail) on the computer and use the above link to add that account to the blackberry

Do this from a computer if possible.

Setup bbid

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/registration/registration_eula.seam?actionMethod=main%2Flog...

Test that ID on your friends phone.

You can keep your same email and BBID.  When ou log into BBID, it may prompt about moving from an existing device...but its pretty straight forward.

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.
My friend successfuly setup a new email and change a new BBID for his bb but now I have a problem for my own BBM which when I delete my BBM and reinstall it back and use the same email,its still come back with the same problem where is my friend name still in there even she already using different email for his bb..need your advice here and what should I do?
Thanks and regards.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

[ Edited ]

Can you login to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ from the computer

and change the details? (first name, last name, etc)

After that, try a battery pull on the blackberry.

Hi,
Already done as you mention above but when I reinstall back BBM,it keep asking me to restore bbm and the same problem still occur which my friend name is still there and the bbm pin also not mine,still belongs to my friend. How if I change ne email ID? Is it will effect to all of my app that I purchase before?
Thanks and regards.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You must wipe the device in order to change BBID on a BlackBerry Smartphone.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

I recommend your friend wipe their device and start over logging in with their new BBID.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Thanks JC