Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
bkonwh
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 9732529697

Nightmare of the 30702 fatal error -nothing has been done

I have never experienced such long term failure & general confusion with a reputable & respected company as my 9 month relationship with BlackBerry. Ive always avoided trendy & pricey devices & made a decision then to get a blackberry as I was sure I could make "any smart phone" do what the iphone crowd could do. I felt that Apple was snowing the fools & that its all a matter of learning your device. I tried to get a netflix viewer I read in the forum that this was promised 2 years ago & bb was ignoring questions about it- not providing updates to status- All policies which are UNACCEPTABLE. In the next few weeks I tried adding a few other semi sophisticated applications with mixed or unacceptable results. These included - BB desktop software which is cumbersome & unpredictable. In the course of these events I tried to contact BB support through the only method available that I have found - twitter! & only received a response to 1 of several questions - the one regarding the desk top issues. This allowed me to install it but again - with uncertain results which seem to have made things worse. I say this because since this install I have been unable to access Blackberry app world (June 24th). From the cryptic information I received from your website after looking deep in to the archives there is a bug with system 7 & there is a work around which is just an impossible route to follow. The result of the bug is an error message 30702 "There is an issue with your current session. Please login to continue". Well I cant login from there. & If you close every thing & go to where you can login the system just goes nowhere as the page that accepts your login cant be found. So I cant upgrade any app or get any new ones. I have reached a wall in my attempts to get support from blackberry & it seems when things get broken a cloak of secrecy appears. I cant imagine how in the current state if you fix the bug I wouldnt be able connect to get the upgrade. It seems it would require a "wipe" of existing settings or data. I have to say this is about the most broken system I have ever had to deal with. No customer support -why are they are hiding & choosing to answer only some issues Cumbersome operating system Website navigates in circles to nowhere Irresponsible attitude . I am at a dead end. & This is BB's incredibly terrible response! This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Nightmare of the 30702 fatal error -nothing has been done

Hello and Welcome to the Community!

We are so sorry that you are having so many difficulties. While many experience the same (a search here will reveal that fact), there are also many who have very positive experiences with their BB. Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

If you are hoping, by posting here, that RIM will see your message -- please understand that, as presented to you when you registered here, these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to/from-RIM formal conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

As should have been informed to you at your time of purchase/subscription, front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers (it varies by region) are responsible for ALL front line formal support to their end users (including warranty), and have the ability (indeed, responsibility!) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot solve (at no fee to the end user). It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support contract with your formal support channel. But, if you are interested, you can research "Incident Support" here:

If you desire to ask other kind volunteers for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that.

Now, as to a few of your specifics...

bkonwh wrote:
I tried to get a netflix viewer I read in the forum that this was promised 2 years ago & bb was ignoring questions about it- not providing updates to status- 

To my understanding, RIM has no unilateral control over this particular app. Rather, it is 100% in the hands of NetFlix...if they choose to not develop/release an app for BB, then no one can override that. So, it's not that RIM was ignoring questions...rather, it was that there was no information to give, since NetFlix has, to my understanding, actually taken that "negative" decision...so it's up to NetFlix to communicate about that specific item. From a liability perspective, it's always better for a publicly traded company to stay silent on things that are truly beyond their control.

bkonwh wrote:
 In the next few weeks I tried adding a few other semi sophisticated applications with mixed or unacceptable results. These included - BB desktop software which is cumbersome & unpredictable.

Many experience the same...but many also have found functional workarounds for their specific circumstances. Not knowing yours, we cannot even begin to guess. But this thread has been useful for some:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

bkonwh wrote:
I tried to contact BB support through the only method available that I have found - twitter!

Also, as with this forum channel, not truly part of your official support method (as discussed above). What RIM has recognized is that the formal channels do not necessarily always "live up to" what they should...and RIM initiated these other channels (e.g., this site, their Twitter account, etc.) as a way to help supplement the formal channels. But, contractually, RIM cannot replace the formal channel...all parties are contractually bound to it...the carriers, RIM, and yes even the end users.

bkonwh wrote:
I say this because since this install I have been unable to access Blackberry app world (June 24th). From the cryptic information I received from your website after looking deep in to the archives there is a bug with system 7 & there is a work around which is just an impossible route to follow. The result of the bug is an error message 30702 "There is an issue with your current session. Please login to continue". Well I cant login from there. & If you close every thing & go to where you can login the system just goes nowhere as the page that accepts your login cant be found. So I cant upgrade any app or get any new ones. 

Well, the formal KB on that matter is here:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

I'm not at all sure what is "impossible to follow" in there...some specifics from you might help us to help you better.

bkonwh wrote:
I have reached a wall in my attempts to get support from blackberry & it seems when things get broken a cloak of secrecy appears.

Not at all...everything is publicly, and contractually, known by all parties. Now, if those parties do not read the documents they agree to...well, there's really nothing to be said about that. On the 3rd hand (3 hands!!), if when you made your purchase, your seller did not clearly disclose all things to you, then your ire should I think really be directed at them...

bkonwh wrote:
I cant imagine how in the current state if you fix the bug I wouldnt be able connect to get the upgrade. It seems it would require a "wipe" of existing settings or data. 

I think you switched back here to the 30702 error...the information about which is above. It is unfortunate that the good developers at RIM (who, btw, are also humans) cannot keep up with your level of requirement.

bkonwh wrote:
I have to say this is about the most broken system I have ever had to deal with. No customer support -why are they are hiding & choosing to answer only some issues

Already discussed above...the formal support channel is what it is...the fact that you've, from what you've said, have yet to actually exercise that channel...well...

bkonwh wrote:
Cumbersome operating system

BBs are the most secure mobile devices available. Period. With security, naturally will come complexity. But, I know of millions of BB users who have become quite comfortable with their devices. As with all technology things -- the most effective and efficient device for anyone is the one to which they become the most accustomed. If you want a iPhone, then by all means get one. Different device...different market...different capabilities...in short, just different.

bkonwh wrote:
Website navigates in circles to nowhere

Really? Hmmm...some examples might help...no one could possibly do anything corrective with such limited information, right? Do you want to help? Or just rant? Either is fine, btw.

bkonwh wrote:
Irresponsible attitude. 

Really? You said you got one response...was that irresponsible? For, after all, an "attitude" can only be judged by actual responses. Non-response does not, IMHO, provide any data toward such judgment.

bkonwh wrote:
I am at a dead end.

Well, I hope you are not. You have yet to exercise the formal support channel. You have yet to actually attempt what remedies have so far been provided. Hopefully you can find a way to at least desire to progress forward.

bkonwh wrote:
& This is BB's incredibly terrible response! 

Again...no response from BB is completely in keeping with the contractually required formal support methodology. Unless and until your case is formally escalated into RIM, no response from them is exactly what should be expected. Anything additional is pure "bonus".

bkonwh wrote:
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

OK...so back we go to the 30702...I hope I'm following your post properly...sorry for dissecting it in this manner, but it was the only way I could figure to stay on topic with anything. So, this then refers back to what I said above.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkonwh
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 9732529697

Thank you for all of your work in responding! But regardless of what i agreed to when I got my BB- I have never had a device reduced to such a pathetic condition. I will contact the 3rd party representatives as you recommend. But I want to assure you I have tried all of the "workarounds" in the suggested article. And it clearly says BB is working on this issue "without a time line on a fix". This is dated 2011. Do you really think this is acceptable? That is why I have ranted.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As a mere end user, I long ago gave up trying to control the actions of an entity such as RIM. Rather, I take what is and try to make the best of it. Something about the "Serenity Prayer" in that perhaps.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.