Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

[ Edited ]

Some people have issues after upgrading AppWorld : the icon is nowhere to be seen. If you are one of them, please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB27043 No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

If you wish to upgrade the OS on your device to OS5.0, please proceed:

1. go here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/bd-p/BlackBerryDeviceSoftware
  2. you get to a discussions list. At the top, the grey topics are called "floated topics"
  3. among the floated topics, one is named "How to reload your operating system"
  4. read that topic, it is very comprehensive and no one can miss the upgrade after reading it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shelley88
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

am glad tht they have resolved this, wonder if it has anything to di with the fact i got in contact with them and told them how to fix it, 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

well, RIM engineers are of course willing to receive feedback from the users, especially when something goes wrong. The proper method is contacting the carrier hotline, that can then escalate to RIM level 2 support if need be, and that carrier support will escalate to developers if they feel the problem is seen by a lot of users.

so yes, shelley88. Any action taken by a user towards the hotline & level2 support can only be positive and accelerate acknowledgement of the issue, and resolution too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shelley88

well am jst glad to know tht they took it on board, and now everyone can get there missing app back 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashish0683
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: BlackBerry Internet Service - Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Whts the meaning of this? R v supposed to upgrade our fone to OS 5.0???? Even if this 1 year old 8520 is not capable of supporting this OS??? What the hell is this??? Y the hell shud I pay for BIS when I don't get my applications. Seriously this is my last  blackberry fone....

[Edited -  Inappropriate Content. Please read your messages]

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Hello ashish0683,

I will ask you to remain courteous ; I am a regular BlackBerry owner like you, and I take some of my free time to help other people.

As explained in my original message, you can read the other discussion that will explain you how to upgrade your 8520 to OS5 even if you are persuaded you cannot. It is possible, my boss has OS5 on his 8520 and it works perfectly well (and AppWorld too)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashish0683
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: BlackBerry Internet Service - Vodafone

"There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available"......thats what Blackberry Desktop software shows when i click update my device....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shelley88

this is the link i used to update mine,

http://uk.blackberry.com/services/devices/

i pluged my blackberry into laptop then clicked the update button that it shows you on that link hope this helps 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

ashish0683 wrote:

"There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available"......thats what Blackberry Desktop software shows when i click update my device....

hello ashish0683,

in my original post I refer to a discussion named "how to reload your operating system". In that tutorial, no one talks about using the Desktop Software the way you do it. Please read it again.

You need to download an OS5 for your 8520 from any carrier, then delete the vendor.xml file and proceed with the installation using loader.exe . More information in that tutorial. If you need more guidance, do it in that other discussion after reading the other people's questions... and answers.

The current discussion is about the AppWorld icon, it is not about how to reload your OS.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neonlady250
My Device: 8230
My Carrier: Telus mobility

[ Edited ]

I have a pearl 8230 and cannot update to OS5 as my phone is not compatible, so what am I supposed to do now. I'm disgusted too and thinking of switching phones. Have had this one less than a year!

Please use plain text.