Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
thysb
My Device: 9300 Curve

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

Correct, but we'll have to wait for a newer version, as obviously .58 doesn't work. So, stick to .56, ignore any upgrade notifications for .58 and wait for the next version. At least .56 works as it should...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
besmanager01
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Same issue on the Bold 9650, with OS 6.
The Blackberry App World 3.1.0.58 launch icon disappears following the upgrade.
Blackberry App World 3.1.0.58  shows as being installed in the application list, but then can not be easily located anywhere else.
I have tried twice with the same result.
Both times I had to revert back to Blackberry App World 3.1.0.56.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
thysb
My Device: 9300 Curve

I got a notice that AppWorld 3.1.0.60 has been released, did the update and everything seems fine, so now all of us that were stuck on 3.1.0.56 can also be up to date :Clap:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paul_Lautman
My Device: Curve 9300

I also got the notice, but I decided to wait until you installed it before attempting it!

Many thanks for the heads up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deroquebrune
My Device: tour 9630

Amazing to see clients willing to wait and wait... for a service failure repair from RIM.

Bit the bullet moved on to Android and couln'd be happier... Sometimes life has to change 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tapenick
My Device: Bold 9650

Following these instructions:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB29422

and when I go to http://www.blackberry.com/appworld and attempt to download I get:

Notice

You have attempted to access a software download page that does not exist. Please check the URL and try again.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GeneralIx
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Haven't got a clue here. It's rather worthless of such a big company to not be able to get a bloody working link sent I'd say.

Also, downloading through the pc proves to be of no solace, every time it's installed, it still won't show or be running. I'm using a 9800 Torch, with the newest build OS 6 running. I've always thought highly of my Blackberry, but this sort of lack of being able to fix such small problems, let alone bringing out updates with such flaws that would have been apparent in any real life test will surely make me reconsider my other options for another brand phone.

Fix it RIM or else I think you might just lose a boatload of customers to brands with an adequate serviceresponse.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello Generallx,

I can understand your frustration. I am a customer who never had any issues with AppWorld, but I know I would be furious if it happened to me.

That being said, your anger is focused on AppWorld and the fact that it does not work on your BlackBerry device. I do not think that this sole issue (that I am not trying to diminish) is not enough to disregard all what a BlackBerry can bring.

You can remember for example that to install applications on your device, several shops are available. And most applications are available at each of those shops for the same price (or free). The most famous shops are of course MobiHand and Handango, there is also BPlay, and the youngest one, the AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GeneralIx
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Dear Xandrex,

It isn't that it is "just" app world that doesn't work, it's the signal that the company gives you. I like my BlackBerry quite a lot, the agenda function is great, the mailing service is great, and it generally is a good device. However, when I buy such an expensive smartphone, I do expect it to work flawlessly, and that the company making it, releases only updates that actually work, especially on such a new device. The lack of speed in resolving this issue, as well as no direct option to complain, makes me rather frustrated. 

All I'm really saying is that BlackBerry can not afford to be so lax in it's customer service in the top segment of the market, since there are boatloads of other brands, with other models, without these issues. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
besmanager01
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

The good news is that it appears that they have finally resolved the issue.

My Bold 9650 Offered a new Blackberry App World the other day and it successfully upgraded to version 3.1.0.60, without incident.

Thanks,

Don

Please use plain text.