Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
New_BB_user
My Device: Curve 9330

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

I posted this in January when I did the my upgrade to the App world.  I am going to reprint my own instructions so I don't panic. I have a BB Curve 9330 OS 6.0  I did modify directions for clarification. 

01-29-2012 09:44 AM

I also upgraded my Curve 9330 Blackberry App world this morning and the App World icon was gone. PANIC...Thanks to all on here who took the time to find out what worked for you. This worked for me:

I went to this site http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/ downloaded the App world for my software, from my phone (followed on the computer).  Replaced the App World from there which was the same, rebooted. (App World was there) Restarted App World and it read all the Apps previously installed. 

I also had the BB AppWorld Link download emailed to my email address so I can either save it to my computer in case it happens again or save it on the BB to download from email. Happy with the version it downloaded. Won't worry about any upgrades for now...

New Contributor
alexwar
My Device: 9800

I have done that a number of times and still the same problem. IT is definitely a compatibility issue. Is there a link to the older versions of App World ?

New Contributor
SpockM
My Device: Bold 9700

I had already actually done that several times since this first started, with no luck.  But I did it again in response to your post, again to no avail.  

New Contributor
Debi82
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi sorry was reading this post as my Balckberry Curve needed upgrading App world and when upgraded it took the icon away .. i have read your advise but i cant find the grey floating topics and i am near to ready to throw my phone at the wall .... please help me
New Contributor
Debi82

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO ur link worked !!!!! thank u so much my headache has totally went away xxxxxx
Jim6
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Still cant find the Appworld icon like the other users.  Get a Javascript error everytime i reboot too.  Very frustrating.  Tried some of the links by the other users.  No luck so far.

And yes, I am using and OS above 5.0.  5.0.0.602 to be exact.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

can you write here the exact javascript error?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
wendyb1952

Well, contrary to the statement in the KB article, I have a Curve 8520, running OSv5 and following an email inviting me to upgrade to the latest App World, I find that the App World icon HAS disappeared and no amount of trawling through the KB or forum suggestions has yet given me a solution. How the heck do you inform RIM that there is STILL a problem!!! And get them to fix it.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

contact Orange's support and demand that your issue is raised up to RIM Level 2 escalation support team.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
wendyb1952

I contacted Orange today and was called back by someone from their Tech support and, miraculously, doing the same normal download process resulted in everything being back to normal and the return of the errant App World icon. I'm still not sure how that all happened but it worked. It is worth taking the time to contact your provider, so thank you for all the advice.