Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

janu87
My Device: 9870 bold 3

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

Hey i em using bold 3 9870 and I uprade my app world but the icon got dis appear and as per I read all ur instrustion so I did that also but still icon didt **bleep** I delete the app world from application management n remove battery n again switch on n again download app world n rebot but still no icon please help
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

janu87 wrote:
Hey i em using bold 3 9870 and I uprade my app world but the icon got dis appear and as per I read all ur instrustion so I did that also but still icon didt **bleep** I delete the app world from application management n remove battery n again switch on n again download app world n rebot but still no icon please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please check the exact AW versions you made these attempts with, and validate that they are different from those that, as per what is in this thread, have this problem. Further, after each AW install, please not only look for the icon, but also validate via this KB if it truly is installed or not:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Further, when you look for the icon, please be sure to look EVERYWHERE (in case it went into an unexpected folder), and also have "Show All" active (in case the icon is for some reason hidden). Also make sure you are not using a custom theme that could be blocking the icon.

Lastly, a small request -- please try to use complete words, sentences, and punctuation. It is very hard to decipher such technical situations when "text speak" is used.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
janu87
My Device: 9870 bold 3

Hey I checked everthing as u told its not there in any folder also and I also check about removing installation is all fine so can you please tell now what to do?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Please re-read my post above...you skipped a very important answer. What exact AW versions did you try with please?

You also skipped my request for actual sentences and complete words rather than text speak.

Your skipping of those two things causes me to wonder if you have truly checked everything diligently. Perhaps you have, but you have also ignored some of my requests...so I have doubts.

FYI - this thread is very long, and to my understanding EVERYTHING possible is already posted, so there's really nothing new to tell you to try (well, short of a device WIPE I suppose, and or a clean OS reload).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
vmackza
My Device: torch 9800

Hello Janu87! I know its very frustrating to not be able see your AW but the problem that caused my AW to disappear was my low OS. Honestly I don't know what the OS on 9870 is but I'm sure you just need to upgrade your OS or download an AW that's lower than the upgrade that caused your App World to disappear! My advice would be to pay attention to what sdgardne is telling you, he is after all a hall of famer!

Good luck
Contributor
vmackza

Help me find a KB on how to fix this message on App World , "there was a problem downloading, please try again later"! I got my AW back but I can't download or upgrade anything! Please help
Contributor
Llubin3
My Device: Torch 9800

Hey vmackza, I am having the same issue & I have tried downloading 4.0.0.55 version several times but still having the same issue of icon not there but in Application Management but can't access it.  I have a 9800 Torch w/ an OS6.  Any suggestions?

Contributor
vmackza

Hello Llubin3
Just curious, did you really try this?

KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

It worked great on my torch 9800, my icon came back after reboot. Even though now it always says there is a problem upgrading (anything on there) try again later, at least its back.

Try one more time and do exactly what that KB says
Contributor
Llubin3

Yes I really did try this. Samething happens, I'll download it. Then it ask if I want to reboot (which I do). But when done nothing is there. Its always in Applications Management but never an icon! Is there something I missed or a step I didn't take?
Contributor
Llubin3

I'll try it again. Thanks